Catscratch【Mitch x Reader】

You sat bored at your desk, your fingernails lightly tapping at the damaged wood while you glanced over at the clock. Only ten minutes left, then you could go home and do whatever it is you wanted to do.

Well, you thought so, at least. Your teacher surprised the class by letting you all know that you had a project due tomorrow. As well as telling you this last minute, he also told you it would be a partner project.

Your hands rolled into fists as you sighed heavily out of your nose. You absolutely did not want to spend the rest of the day with some random person from your class who you probably didn't even like.

You thought this because your teacher never let you pick your own partners. If you had the choice, you would probably work with Aasim or Clem, but knowing your luck you probably wouldn't be paired with either of them.

The last time you had a group project, you were paired with Louis. You liked him and all, but your only problem was that he never actually did any work. Instead he would get distracted by his piano, or tell jokes, or convince you to play a card game with him. It was fun and all, but not particularly handy when you have something due the very next day.

You realized that you weren't paying attention when the mention of your name made you jump slightly in surprise.

"(Y/N), I'm going to be pairing you with Mitch."

You turned and looked at the boy a few seats away from you. He glanced at you, a small smirk forming across his pale, freckled face as he leaned his cheek against his palm. His brown bangs were styled neatly across his forehead and his blue jacket sat on his body loosely.

You huffed and looked back down at your desk. This dude was worse than Louis, work-wise. In fact, you were sure he hadn't handed in a single one of his projects. You weren't looking forward to doing all of this work by yourself.

Soon the bell rang and everyone was free to leave, except not really, since you'd still be doing work. You gathered up your belongings and heard someone clear their throat beside you.

You turned and saw Mitch with his bag over his shoulder, looking down at you. He was holding a piece of paper, which you assumed was related to the project.

"Wanna come to my place?" He asked, "to work on the project, I mean."

Your eyebrows raised, "oh, uh." You smiled. Maybe you didn't have to do all of this by yourself after all. "Yeah, sure." You agreed, nodding.

Mitch gave a small smile back, "cool."

You finished gathering your things and got up from your desk. Mitch turned and made his way towards the door, so you flung your bag over your shoulder and followed behind him.

On the way to Mitch's house, you had quite a pleasant conversation with him, which you weren't expecting. He was quite a funny guy. Not like Louis though, Mitch was a little less obnoxious when it came to joking around.

Mitch gave you a cute smile as you laughed at something he'd said. He then approached the door to his house and pulled his keys out of his pocket, unlocking the door and stepping inside.

"No one's home, so we'll be able to get this done without many distractions." He muttered while you stepped into his house.

You looked around as the door closed. It was a pretty nice place, though some of the paint on the walls was a bit chipped, like they hadn't had a fresh coat in a while.

Mitch brought you upstairs to his room. You walked in, watching him pick up a few shirts that were on the ground and toss them into the corner. He sat down on his bed and looked over at you, patting beside him.