Goodbye

MIDORIYA (POST BATTLE)

"Kaachan.."

 I lay in the barren wasteland which was once Tokyo. 

"Kaachan.."

Green lightning fading away for the last time.

"Kaachan.."

My broken hand reaches out to the dusty air. Reaching for something. Someone.

"Ka-chan.."

I twist my head painfully to the side and see dusty blonde hair matted in red but his back is to me.

"Kachan."

I heave my broken body towards him. 

"Ka-chan?"

My forearms dig into the earth as I crawl with clenched teeth.

"It hurts Kaachan... We need to get help... You're bleeding... We need to get you to a hospital... Kaachan... Kaachan..."

 I repeat his name over and over until I get to him. I grip his shoulder and slowly put his back to the ground. He's sleeping.

"Kaachan. You need to wake up. We have to go." 

I shake him slightly but he doesn't wake up. I put my head on his chest and I pretend not to notice the tears on my cheeks. 

"We have to go Kaachan. Please..."

My heart hurts but I don't know why. Kaachan will wake up soon and then we can go. I lift my head from his chest and put my forehead to his.

"We did it. Now you have to wake up so we can go back to Misaki-chan at home. She's waiting for her dad and papa. Come on Katsuki. get up please. Please god please wake up. Katsu-"

A hiccup and a sob interrupt what I was going to say. I latch onto his body and scream for the gods to hear. A plead to bring back Kaachan. My Kaachan. 

"Bring him back to me! Please! Ill do anything..." I screamed to the sky.

The gods are cruel. I learned that the hard way. No one answering my prayer. I was still clutching onto the love of my life. 

I intertwined our fingers and the moon caught onto the gold band on his finger. I brought his hand to my face. His skin started feeling colder and colder as the seconds ticked by. "I love you Kaachan..." I whispered into the wind, my tears dropping into the abyss. 

"Iz-"

I dropped onto his body, exhaustion taking over. Take me away, please...

"Izu-!"

Hurried footsteps were heard coming closer and closer until-

"IZU-NI!"

Hands shifted my body onto my back. Teardrops fell from red eyes. Long grey hair tied into a bun. Eri...

"Izu-ni! No, no-no." Her horn started growing so I grabbed her arm and stated "No. Please, Eri-chan..." She stared back horrified. "You have a young girl waiting at home for yous. Don't give up on her. On us." Misaki... My beautiful girl. " I'm sorry Eri-chan... I'm so sorry... I'm sorry... I'm SORRY!" I sobbed for the world to hear. To hear my longing. My loss. My heartbreak. She brushed away the dirt on my face and cradled my head then in a small voice she said "I know I will be breaking so many rules by doing this... Izu... I can help you. Help you see him again. Change things. Save those you couldn't... I've been working on this for a while..." 

"Eri... What are you saying right now?"

"You will understand when it happens. But, Do you want this? This opportunity..."

My head was spinning. She could bring back Kaachan? What was she saying? Eventually, with a steel mind, I said a bold "Yes."

Her horn started growing and her nose started bleeding. "Eri!-" Then my head started feeling funny.

"It's okay! unggghh- Save them! Save us! Save to Win, Win to save! Good luck Izu-"

She was yelling but felt far away. Eri.. ERI!!

I sunk into the ground, reaching for her. Reaching for Kaachan. Reaching for something I couldn't grasp.

Then the world went black.