CH. 4 TALK WITH DAD

FERNANDO'S POV:

I'm hanging out in the porch, enjoying the silence around me. Genevieve went to go hang out with Becky inside the house because my little sister wanted to play. I hear the door open, I turned around to see that it was my dad coming out.

"Can I sit?" My dad asked, pointing at the chair next to me.

"Sure, go ahead" I told my dad.

For a moment, the silence were making it a little more awkward with my dad since my little scene on the way here.

"Sorry about what happened in the car" My dad started off.

"Sorry for losing my temper in front of the kids" I replied back.

I didn't want my sibling see me like that.

"You had every right to be mad, your mom and I shouldn't be forcing you to do stuff now that your an adult" My dad explained.

"It's not just that, dad" I said to my dad.

"Then, what is it?" my dad asked.

"When you guys sent me off here to come live with your parents, you and mom became stranger to me considering that you guys were too focused on launching your careers. You guys would call when I was asleep and the only time that I saw the both you was for only for a week or two before the both of went back to Los Angeles" I explained to my father.

"We were in school and working" My dad said, trying to defend his actions.

"Soon after you both graduated and before the both of you had jobs that the both of you have right now, you had Greg" I replied.

"What does that mean?" My dad asked, defensively.

"The both of you asked me to move in with you guys when I was a junior in high school. I was hurt  and mad at the both of you because you guys had a stable career as big agent and a big fashion designer with three other kids when I was living with my grandparents here. the both of you send me here because the both of you were in college, that I'm not mad about, but I'm mad at the fact you guys didn't come see me when you could and that the both of you barely talk to me on the phone." I explained to my dad.

"Sorry, I didn't know that this affected you this much" My dad said to me with sincerity in his tone.

"It's alright" I told my dad.

I hope that this is a sign for things to get better from here on forward.