CH. 5 ONE BIG AND AWKWARD DINNER

FERNANDO'S POV:

Day time turns into night and we all went to the local diner. Genevieve and I went with Marcus since the both of us won't fit in my family's car. It was a hassle to sit down since we a big crowd, but we were able to manage and able to seats, we are sitting by Marcus and my dad.

"Hey Lenny, remember we would come here late night at after we got wasted?" Marcus said, which made all of the adults look at him.

"Dad/Dude" Genevieve and I exclaimed at the same time quietly, considering that there are kids that don't know what getting wasted is and now isn't the time for them to know what that is.

"What's wasted?" Donna asked innocently and my dad told him something in a very low voice.

"Uh, wasted kids is, uh, happens when you have a hankering for ice cream" My dad lied, awkwardly.

Then, it led to the pre-teens saying that they wanted to get wasted and Greg laughing because of the others reaction to our father's answer. I kicked him on the leg and glared at him a little and shook my head no, silently telling him not to laugh and he quickly stopped laughing.

"Alright guys, what can I get you?" the waiter asked, thankfully coming over to stop a awkward silence that was going to start.

"Okay, I'm gonna this. 18 burgers and drinks and put it on this card" Lamansof said, which got the parents trying to tell him that he didn't have to pay, but he wanted to pay.

Soon after, Deanne's mother was talking about the food that she wanted, then it lead to my dad and his friends teasing her. The waitress got our drinks and left.

"I have a question for Fernando and Genevieve" Sally announced, which made everyone look at her to see what she was going to ask.

"How did the both of you meet?" Sally asked the both of us and we started fidgeting due to the attention that is on us.

"We met in kinder since we were in the same class" Genevieve answered.

"But didn't you move back with your family after they settled down in Los Angeles, Fernando?" asked Deanne.

"They didn't ask me to come home somewhere around my last year in high school, but I didn't want to come home until Genevieve and I started college in Los Angeles" I answered.

As harsh as it sounded, it was the truth. It was silent and thankfully came. We ate and we all went to the arcade afterwards so that the parents can catch up

"Are you okay?" Genevieve asked me quietly considering that the kids are around.

I grabbed her hand and the both of us went outside to talk.

"I didn't want to talk about that in front of my parents, but I had to answer truthfully" I answered.

"Babe, I get you're upset with your parents, but that's not the way to handle it" Genevieve said.

"I know.  I'm going to apologize later" I said.

What a night.