Chapter 5

Joan POV:

The past three weeks were crazy, I didn't want to be alone anymore because even if I was alone all I could think was a blue-eyed monster and his hands on me. Every night I used to wake up in the middle of the night from a wet dream and then toss over the bed because I CAN'T FREAKING SLEEP!!! How can a one night stand which was supposed to be a fun end up screwing my brain as well as my heart?

DOORBELL RINGS!!!

"Wow, you look Gorgeous, Ready to go?" asked Blake. Yeah, today was Christmas eve and I was supposed to go to the dinner organized by Rose, Blake's mom. When Laura heard that I am not attending her lavish party, let me tell you she went batshit crazy and started emotional drama on how I chose my dad over her, apparently I broke her heart again. By the end of the conversation, she made me promise her that I will attend her new year's party, god that women drain all my energy.

"Yes", I said, smiling and carrying my gifts. Yeah, we will be opening presents at midnight at Blake's home. I bought presents for everyone, what can I say I love Christmas.

"Let me carry it for you", said Blake and I gave it to him willingly as the bag was huge and heavy.

*********

As we reached Blakes's home. Rose welcomed us with a warm hug while Blake placed all my gifts neatly under the tree.

I always loved this family, they had everything my family lacked. Love, joy, trust happiness, whereas mine was just broken and beyond repair.

"Hey princess", said Jim hugging me next. "You made it ha," He said and I murmured a yes.

"How did she take it?" He was talking about not attending Laura's Christmas party.

"Oh, she made sure I attended her new year's party", I said rolling my eyes and laughing.

"That woman is impossible", Jim said and laughed suddenly I felt someone staring at me, you know that feeling when someone stares at you so much that you can feel it, yeah I am talking about that. So like any other person in my place would do I turn to see who it was and my eyes popped out when the realization hit me. It was none other than the blue-eyed monster. The Man who was responsible for my sleepless nights and the only man whose mere thought made my toes curl. I freaked out and looked away immediately. No, I am probably hallucinating, I mean I didn't have proper sleep for days. So yeah, but when I turned and looked again, he was still there staring down at me with his I am the king of the world smirk. So I did the best I always do Ignore the blue-eyed monster!!!

"Joan honey, you came", It was my dad who probably came out of watching a game as he was holding a beer and looked happy.

"Yes dad, already watching a game?", I asked pointing at his beer. My dad always drinks beer when he is watching a game and drinks whiskey when he is pissed or sad.

"Oh yeah, we were watching the game and then I heard that you came", said dad smiling at me.

Suddenly I felt someone standing right behind me because I felt my traitorous heart started beating as if I just ran a marathon. I guess my dad noticed who was standing behind me

"Oh, Zack meet my daughter Joan and Joan this is Zack, Marcus, and Rose's elder son", Said, Dad and shocked was an understatement. The blue-eyed monster Zack, Zack Hunt. My dad's best friend's son, My best friend's brother, a ruthless businessman. And I slept with him!!!

"Pleased to meet you, Joan", he said smiling. I liked the way my name rolled on his tongue and my inner goddess purred. He took my hand and kissed it again and my traitorous heart did somersaults and my whole body started heating up and I shivered positively.