Chapter 8

Joan POV:

I lazily and grudgingly uncover my face. I winced at how my head was paining, I hate hangovers so I blink, close my eyes, and blink again. Streaks of sunlight penetrate the window and blind me. This weird me out a bit, last time I checked I was on Ella's bed, in her room and she never keeps her windows open, and even if she did there is no chance of sunlight entering the room because it's winter and there is no sun during winter and especially on Christmas morning. I gave a good glance around the room and it was not Ella's. Ella's room was Pink and pretty girly whereas this room was Manly and woodsy. I slowly peeled my quilt of me and thank god I was fully clothed, but something confused me, I was not wearing my PJs I was wearing a black dress and it was not any other black dress it was THE BLACK DRESS!!!, Yes, the same one I wore when I went to the club and met Zack, the same dress which was nowhere to be seen in the morning and that was the reason I had to borrow one of Zack's shirts or more like stealing because I never returned it back to him.

Why the hell I was wearing this now???!!! Where the hell am I again???!!! What on the earth happened last night???!!!

I got out of the bed and looked down the window and let me tell you the view took my breath away. The ground was covered with green grass, the whole area had been misty yet sunny, cattle were grazing on the field. It looked like it just rained.

"I see you are awake and sober", said a husky voice which made my knees go weak. When I looked around, it was Zack, but there was something strange about him, the way he was looking. He was not looking like a businessman and screamed money, instead he was looking like a countryman, with a cowboy hat and leather boots on.

"What the hell Zack, where am I", I demanded because I was freaking out. I mean, last time I checked I was in New York with my friends and family I don't understand how and when I landed in this place which my god is breathtaking but-

"Zack? Who is that? And about where you are, well you are in my ranch", Said Zack placing the tray of breakfast which contains pancakes, eggs, bacon, hash brown, a fruit bowl and a mug filled with hot and steaming coffee which blurred my senses for a while but when his words registered in my mind, confused was an understatement.

"What do you mean Who is that? You are Zack, Zack Hunt!!! My best friend's brother... What the hell are you playing this time??? I mean Last night you riled me up and convinced me for fake dating and those dates and now-"

"Wow Wow babe, hold on will yeah, I guess you are mistaken or probably had a dream or something. I am Grayson, Grayson Mathews, we met in a club in New York remember? You were drunk and we danced and made out, but then you went on adventurous mode and driving on my bike and almost crashing everyone you came across. It was very late and we were close to my home I bought you here", he said like he is explaining for a two-year-old and astonishment was an understatement.

I slowly walked towards Zack or Grayson whatever we are calling him right now, and slapped him right on the cheek to which the guy groaned "what the hell?" and I winced. Holy mother of- This is not a dream, so-

"You mean-You - You are n-not Zack and we met in the club and you brought me home and we -", I tried to wrap everything around my head. "What is today's date?"

"It is 5th of December and yes, I am sorry if I look like some guy called Zack, that doesn't mean you get to slap me, are we clear on that," He asked rather pissed. "You can go freshen up and have your breakfast, then I will drop you to the city. ", The guy lets call him Grayson, yes, he said. I didn't believe him so I looked around for a phone when I didn't find my phone I asked him

"No this is some sick joke, today is Christmas, Where the hell is my phone?", I was pissed? Confused? Irritated? Disappointed? I don't know I can't name it. This can't be a dream, Zack was real, I was celebrating Christmas eve with everyone, how can it be a dream???!!!