Blue Eyes

"Leah wake up!" I hear my mother shouting from downstairs, she's always up so early I really can't keep up anymore.

"Coming" I say in return, not that she heard me since I barely made an effort for the word to come out. I check the time and by my surprise its only 7am, geez can't I ever sleep until I wake up on my own. I get out of bed and then look at myself in the mirror, damn I look like the living dead.
Once again I hear my mother shouting and I head downstairs.

"Finally, I made you breakfast so eat up and get ready for school" my mother tells me as soon as I reach the kitchen. I do as I'm told and finish my breakfast in total silence.

"I can't believe it's your senior year and that you're turning 18, you grew up so fast" my mother states breaking the silence I was enjoying and I just stare at her with a straight face. I really don't want to go to school, especially a school where I have no friends or anyone that I might know and there's no point in making friends since I don't let anyone in and because we move every once in a while whenever my mother has a new job offer which blows up in my face everytime I'm actually settled and familiar with the place we live in or the school I attend.
My life completely sucks, but I couldn't care less since nothings changing about it anyway.

I finish my breakfast and walk back upstairs to take a hot shower. I stand under the water, relaxed and enjoying the feeling of my muscles loosening up. I close the faucet and wrap a towel around me, heading to my room to get dressed for a horrendous day at school, boy am I excited. I brush my teeth and fix my hair, I actually prefer the way it currently is but, if I leave it this way my mother will have my head, literally. I pull it into a messy bun and put on my school attire.

It comes to my attention, I don't own the most important part of my winter uniform...pants! (as a thought) I guess I'm wearing a skirt then. I get fully ready and head downstairs with my school bag and my eyes meet my mother's.

"So are you taking me to school or do I have to take the bus?" I ask in annoyance, as I don't even want to go to school.

"No. In fact the school is nearby so you can walk, I'll give you directions or you can use your phone's GPS?" she says to me with a bright smile.

"Walk?... you're joking right" I give out a small laugh at her remark as I Leah Henderson do not walk far distances even if it's close by so I decided to come up with excuses for her to change her mind.

"Uhmm... I mean, I can't...-...lost. Uhh, and I could get kidnapped" I say with short breaks in between, in hopes of her actually regarding to listen to what I said and giving me a ride to school.

"What happened to the badass Leah that fears nothing and doesn't care about what happens?" my mother questions me with a smirk on her face. "Ride or No ride?" I ask as I roll my eyes. She finally agrees after a somewhat debate and we get in the car and have small talk during the, very short, drive to school.

We arrive at the school and turns out she wasn't kidding -it really is close by. I get out of the car and give her a forced smile as she drives away. I silently hope she'll turn around and tell me to get back in the car so that we can go home but it doesn't happen, she's gone and I'm standing on the side walk like a lost puppy looking for its owner.

I enter the school and it's huge, not what I actually expected at all really, it has a white ceiling with blue lockers and tiles nicely done with the classroom doors on both right and left sides further down the hall I'm currently in. I search for the principals office to get all my classes for the day from him or her.

I finally found the office after looking almost everywhere 'you should of just asked someone duhh' my stupid subconscious reminds me, but atleast I found it though.