Chapter 3

James POV

My shift ends in the next 3 hours and I'm exhausted, to top it off I have tons of homework to complete but I don't have much of a choice but to continue working seeing that I am the only bread winner in the family. All I have is my little sister Bella, and my drunkard father. After my mum's death two years ago he hasn't been the same. He attempted to commit suicide but failed when I got to him just in time and now all he does is drink, using all our savings just to buy alcohol. He got fired for going to work drunk on a daily, so I had to look for a job, and that's when I saw a little shop called DeAngelo's Desserts were hiring. I got hired and I'm working here since, I don't get paid much but it's enough to keep a roof over our heads. Not a day goes by that I wish my mum was still here, things would have been so much different from how it currently is, our family would be happy and complete.

"There's tables waiting on their orders, chop chop people" Roy says snapping his fingers. Roy is the son of DeAngelo, the owner of the shop. Mr D is ill, so Roy is taking over for him while his not here. Roy has been a real pain, ordering everyone around, acting like he owns us, what does he think of himself.

The last few hours go by slowly and the shop is nearly empty. I serve my last table and wait for them to finish up so I can clean where they've been seated at. They finally finish and I clear their table so that I can go home.

After clearing my last table I take my bag and head on home. The stroll is quite and lonely, at times like these I wish Michael was here with me. Michael is my best friend, well technically his my only friend, he's the only person that gets me, we did everything together. Unfortunately he moved to some foreign place with his parents a year ago, I don't know when I'll be seeing him again. We Skype most of the time but it just isn't the same. My life without him has been terrible so far, I think I should make more friends, yet again, I'm terrible at that.

I finally reach my home and as I enter I find shattered peices of glass lying on the floor, just what I needed right now, I stand still trying to figure out what happened but I'm blank, I hurry upstairs to look for Bella. I enter her room and look for her. I then find her in the closet sleeping, I notice her red nose and dried tears on her face, she must have been crying. I gently wake her up so that she can tell me what happened. "Bell, belllll wake up" I say shaking her arm, "James?" she replies. "Yes, it's me, what happened?" I question her, "I got home from school and Dad was looking at pictures of mum and all of a sudden he got up and started breaking things, shouting, saying 'it should of been him', I then ran up to my room and a few minutes later I heard the door close with a huge bang" she cries. I take her in my arms, comforting her and thinking of how to talk to my dad about this, I need to stand up to him, so he can get his act together, I just don't know how to approach him.

I let go of Bella telling her to stay in her room for now, while I look for my dearest father. I search the whole house and he's nowhere to be found. After searching the entire house and backyard, I decide on cleaning the mess he has made.

After the mess is cleaned up, I make Bella and myself something to eat,  I'm starving and she probably is too. After I finished the food I take Bella's up to her room so she can eat but as I reach her room, I find her asleep in bed, I smile at her adorable snoring and leave her room, closing the door behind me. I head downstairs putting her food away and taking mine with me to the lounge. I sit down on the couch and switch the T.V on, eating my dinner, thinking on how to approach my dad as soon as I see him. Minutes turn into hours and he's not home yet, Im so exhausted, I can barely keep my eyes open. I put the dishes in the dishwasher and clean the rest of the house since no one else is going to do it. After cleaning I head to my room to get some eye shut, I lay down in my bed and close my eyes.