Chapter 4

We land at Jakku, near the town smoke still rising from the rubble in the distance, my heart drops, I feel Ben grab my hand and gently squeeze.

We step off, its cloudy wind blowing sand around, I put my hood up. 

“Ok”, Ben says, you three take one side, Rey and I will go to the other side and look”, everyone nods. 

We make our way into town, its eerily silent, except for the fire that crackle around us, I look around. 

We hear a noise both igniting our blue sabers, I glance up at ben, he goes first I follow closely behind him. 

  We make our way in stepping over large bricks, listening for any movement, I look around trying to keep from sneezing due to the dust.

Ben pointing to a room blocked off by a large concrete slab that collapsed.  He tells me to stay while he goes. 

  I want to go with him but I listen, last time well shit went sideways. 

Ben slowly makes his way over there is a gap big enough but not for him, I hear a little whimper , “ its ok”, he says softly reaching his hand thru the gap!
He turns to me and tells me to come over, I do watch my steps, I hear a little whimper again, I look thru the gap.

  A little girl is sitting there on a broken slab all dirty and scratched up.

“Aww honey’, I say reach out my hand.  She doesn’t move. She hides her head in her knees shaking.

  I look up at ben, “I got to get in there”, I hand him my saber.  I climb thru scraping my knee, I wince,
then fall to the floor.

Coughing as dust flying into my mouth, I quickly gather myself and standup.  I crouch down the room is caving in, there is a rumble it shakes, REY!

Ben screams, I tell him I am fine, I slowly make my way over to the little girl, she is whimpering, she lifts her head looking at me, “hi love, I say softly. I reach out my hand.

She backs up scared!

No, I am here to help you please I won’t hurt you”, I say my hand still extended.

“We need to get out of here ok it’s not safe”, she looks at me the side of her face bleeding, “and that looks like it hurts, I say.
“ she nods holding a necklace of some sort. 

I reach out my hand, “come on”, suddenly the room begins to collapse I grab her and run out of the gap, ben grapping my hand we run back outside just as the building collapses, I stumble with the girl and fall.

REY! Ben shouts helping me up quickly, I am holding the little girl, her head resting on my shoulder, “you ok”?

I feel her nod.

I take a deep breath, Ben taking my hand and we make our way thru the town trying to look for the others.

  The little girl whimpers, “shhhh I know baby girl”, I say softly, I notice a water pump on the side of a wall, I yank Ben over to it. 

I set her down gently on a rock, Ben standing guard, “shhhh, I am here to help ok”, the little girls nods.

I rinse my hands off and take my scarf around my neck wetting it, the water it clean and cool.

I gently wipe her face off, I place my hand near the cut and close my eyes, she flinches I flinch.

“No, it’s ok” I say I show her a small ball of blue light emitting from my hand, she smiles.  I nod and heal her.

  Ben glancing down smiling, I heal her cuts and clean off the rest of her face, “beautiful”, I say brushing her light blond hair out of her face. 
I take a deep breath again glancing up at ben then back at the little girl, “what is your name”, I say sitting on the ground in front of her,
She gets quiet smiling shyly; I tell her its ok and tell her my name. 

“Leianna Elora “, she says softly, “wow what a pretty name”, I say placing my hands on my hips.  She giggles,
She tells me she is 5. 

I look around the ruins of the town, “are your parents here”, she shakes her head, telling us she was with a Wookie. 
  We both nod.

I suddenly hear a familiar roar in the distance, ben looks up chewie and the rest of them including BB8 appear.
I stand up smiling with relief. 

She points, “THAT WOOKIE”, CHEWWIAEEE”, she shouts.

She gets up running to him he picks her up, I look at you, you shrug your shoulders confused.

He sees me and puts her down and wraps me up in his big furry arms roaring happily. I laugh, he does the same with ben. 
BB8 rolls over to me bumping into me practically knocking me over I pat him beeping happily.

You look in the distance, “EVERYONE FALCON NOW”, you shout I look up and see ty fighter in the distance. 
We start running Chewie grabbing leianna.

I run and then suddenly stop looking down an ally way, I have another flashback.

  MAMMMB can I have one please”, a younger me says pulling on my mother’s hand looking at the flowers.
I am pointing at something else, of course, starships. I shake my head smiling.

“ Rey enough”!, she hisses at me, I watch as I pout, and stay by her side, she is picking up oh beer. I sigh. 

Suddenly an explosion knocks me down, I come back too, I cover my head as glass and things come down on me.

I hear Ben scream for me, everyone else gets onto the falcon, I run feeling the blood drip down my leg, I limp towards him, “GET DOWN”, he shouts tackling me as a ty fighter try’s shooting at us, sand flinging up around us.

He picks me up and carries me on, we take off again.

I wince as he sits me down, leianna is crying Ahsoka is holding her, Chewie is helping Poe and Finn, “why did you stop”, Ben asks placing pressure on my leg. 
I glance up at him, breathing heavily, “I don’t know “, I say.  He gently cleans off the cut on my leg and wraps it. 

He tells me he will clean me off when we get back, I nod, he hugs and kisses me.