Minato Namikaze ─ "Loving you is the real pleasure."

Your eyes traveled around the walls of the Hokage's tower as you followed one of the Leaf shinobi through the winding hallways. He stopped in front of a large door and then turned abruptly to you and gave a bow before making his departure.

You knocked on the door and slowly opened it after hearing the Hokage bid you entrance. You weren't sure what to expect whenever you walked in the office, but you surely didn't think you would come face to face with someone as young and jovial as the man in front of you.

His bright blue eyes looked you over as he greeted you with a smile, "Hi, you must be the new medical specialist from the Land of Earth. The hospital has been looking forward to your arrival. (Y/N), is it?"

You nodded and returned the smile as you stepped into his office. You spoke, "Yes, thank you, Lord Hokage. It's a pleasure to be welcomed into your village. I'm excited for my time here."

"Please," he replied in a kind voice, "call me Minato. Now, let's get you acquainted with the hospital! Follow me!"

The Hokage showed you around the village a bit, making his way to the hospital where you were to begin working. Minato and you connected instantly as you shared jokes and stories.

He was charming and warm, and there was something about him that truly fascinated you.

After you finally made it to the hospital, Minato let out a sigh and said, "Well, I guess I can leave you in good hands here. Thanks for getting me out of the office for a bit."

"Thank you for showing me around. Maybe I won't get too lost around this place."

He grinned and replied, "Well, if you ever do... I may know a guy in the Hokage tower that could help you out. It's a pleasure to meet you, (Y/N). If you ever need anything, please let me know."

You nodded and thanked him for his kindness and hospitality. As he turned to leave, you called out, "Oh, Minato! The pleasure is all mine, really."

He flashed you a warm smile as he left the hospital. You suppressed a grin and felt a strange fluttering sensation in your stomach. Were you... nervous? Did the Hokage really make you feel like such a school girl? You shook your head and rolled your eyes before settling in with the fellow medical specialists.

✕  ✕

You couldn't believe it had been five years since you first moved to the Leaf. The time had flown by, really. Your talent in medical ninjutsu attracted the respect of the villagers, as well as the Hokage. As time passed, the two of you had become remarkably close friends.

Small talk turned into friendship, and sooner than later, rumors of you and the Hokage began circulating around the village. Not that you minded of course, after all, Minato was very dear to you. His electric smile and benevolent personality brought you happiness on even the darkest days. Truth be told, you were falling in love with him way before you realized it, but with a man like him, it was impossible not to.

You were surprised to find out that Minato was a father. He had a little boy named Naruto with the cutest whiskers and brightest blue eyes. From the moment you first met him, you sensed that he was a special child, teetering on the cusp of something extraordinary.

You were hesitant about becoming close with the child, as fear of Minato thinking you were trying to replace Kushina lurked in the back of your mind; however, he had diminished those concerns as time passed, and assured you that Kushina would want nothing more than for you to love Naruto as your own.

Afterwards, you did exactly that. You put your entire heart and soul into raising and caring for him, and although he was a rambunctious little knucklehead, at his core he was a kind and gentle hearted kid.

Now, as you stood in the dark doorway, leaning against the doorframe, watching the little blonde sleep curled up in a ball, you smiled gently. You heard the front door slide closed and whispered goodnight to Naruto before closing his bedroom door gently. You padded down the hallway and snuck up behind Minato, wrapping your arms around his middle and resting your head on his back.

"Welcome home, love," you greeted him gently.

"My favorite place to be," he called back as he continued taking off his headband and shoes.

You let him go and went into the kitchen to whip up a quick dinner for him. He apologized for coming home so late and thanked you for going to the trouble of cooking for him so late, but you shook your head and refused to hear any regrets. After all, he was the Hokage. His duties as the leader of the village came before missing dinner, in your mind.

"Taking care of our family is never a burden, Minato. I'm happy to cook five times a day if that's what's needed," you replied with a warm smile.

However, being the sweetheart that Minato was, he simply wouldn't allow you to even have the chance to feel unappreciated. He wanted you to know how much your hard work in the village and as his wife meant to him. He watched you with a loving gaze as he spoke, "You're really something, you know that, (Y/N)?"

"Mhmm," you hummed with a laugh as you winked at him.

"No, really..." he countered, his tone becoming serious as a warm smile spread on his face.

He dropped his eyes to the bowl of ramen you placed in front of him and wondered how he was able to make not only one incredible woman fall in love with him, but another as well. He had spent a great deal of time over the years contemplating how much Kushina would have adored you, how proud she would be to know that her husband and son were so completely loved and cherished. He was certain that she would approve of you, and it made his heart feel easy. Losing her had been anything but; however, as you gently floated into his life soon after the incident that left Kushina dead, you began to nullify his pain in your own unconscious way.

You were cleaning up the last bit of the kitchen as Minato suddenly looked up from his ramen and told you that he loved you. You peeked over your shoulder at him and answered his words with your own.

"Naruto," Minato spoke again between bites of ramen. "He loves you also. So very much. He thinks the world of you."

Your eyes closed as you beamed with happiness. "Naruto," you gently whispered his name with a pause before beginning again, "He may think the world of me, but he's my world. I love him, Minato. Thank you and Kushina for allowing me to be a part of his life. Thank you for everything, really. Being loved by you is the greatest pleasure."

He ran a hand through his hair as he blushed softly and responded, "Loving you is the real pleasure, (Y/N)..."

You kept that smile plastered on your face for the rest of the night as you lay beside your husband, hoping for sleep, but not minding the being awake. It left you to think about your life, the paths you had taken, the people you had met, and all of the decisions that had led you to being the Fourth Hokage's wife and Naruto's step-mother. Your heart felt content as you closed your eyes and dared your dreams to even try to compete with your reality. 

✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕

Requested by @aomineyong! I hope you enjoyed!

This was so hard to write just because in my head Minato ONLY belongs to Kushina. Lmfao, I love them so much.