Darui ─ "Fool, ya fool."

Whenever you heard the doorbell chime, you raised your head and greeted the handsome man who had just sauntered into your tattoo parlor. He had a bored look in his eye and in a calming voice, he spoke, "I'm here for my appointment. You're (Y/N), right?"

You nodded with a smile as you replied, "Mhmm, and you're..." You paused and looked down at your appointment book before finishing, "Darui?"

A semblance of a smile formed on his face. You leaned on the counter and cocked your head as you asked, "What can I do for you today, Darui?"

"Uhh, I'd like to get my chakra affinities tattooed."

"Are you afraid you'll forget them or something?" you joked with a quick wink.

He playfully rolled his eyes and responded, "Maybe so."

"Good thing tattoos are permanent, so you can always remember."

You set up your station as Darui relaxed into the chair and looked around at the art covering your shop. You drew out the designs and showed him for approval. After he confirmed that he liked them, you began tattooing his smooth brown skin, taking care to perfectly freehand the lines.

As you tattooed the character for water on his right shoulder, you began asking questions about him, making small talk like usual. However, as time passed, the two of you found that you had quite a bit in common and the conversation flowed easily. You found Darui extremely attractive, and his disposition was very kind, collected, and interesting. You wondered what he thought of you, a small part hoping he would think the same. You brushed away the idea and focused on his tattoo once more.

The two of you continued to chat as you finished up the water character on his shoulder. You looked over at the clock and grimaced a bit as you spoke up, "I have good news and bad news."

"What's the good news?"

"I'm finished."

"And the bad news?" he asked, craning his neck down to look at the fresh ink on his skin.

You clicked your tongue and shook your head, "I accidentally overbooked. I'm sorry, but I have an appointment coming in..." You heard the doorbell chime. "Right now, actually," you finished up with a sheepish look.

"That's okay," Darui gently spoke as he smiled at you. "That just means I'll have to come see you again. Doesn't sound like bad news to me."

You laughed airily and thanked him for his understanding. You wrapped his tattoo and collected his payment. He left you a more than generous tip, which caused your mouth to drop open as you counted the money.

You ran out the door and shouted to him to catch his attention, "Darui! I think you overpaid me!"

He stopped and turned back to you, wearing a warm lopsided grin. "How much did I give you?"

"Like four times the amount of the tattoo."

"Okay good, then I didn't overpay," he shrugged.

Your eyes were wide as you looked at the money in your hands and then back up to Darui. With a gulp, you asked, "Are you sure?"

"Absolutely," he called back. "I'll see you soon, (Y/N)."

You watched in shock as the man walked away, disappearing into the busy streets of Kumogakure.

✕  ✕

Darui anticipated his next appointment with you. He thought you were beautiful and charming, and an even more astounding artist. As the day approached, he argued with Killer B about joining him for the session. He wanted time alone with you, to get to know you better, and maybe even ask you on a date. That is, if you had even spared a second thought for him, and he really doubted you had.