thanksgiving

it was thanksgiving. the dreaded holiday where all talk of politics is avoided. This year, the band would all be having dinner at the way's house with Gerard and mikey's parents. they figured that since the whole band would be there it would be less painful. of course, thanksgiving never goes as planned.

ray was the first to arrive, punctual as always. gerard and mikey greeted him at the door and led him to the living room. frank arrived sometime after and before long enough everyone in the band was sitting in the living room while donna finished dinner up. they talked about absolutely nothing for a half hour until donna announced that dinner was ready.

they all made their way to the table, which had just enough seats for the six of them. donna and donald sat on the ends, ray and mikey sat on one side of the table, and frank and gerard sat on the other. donna had started a conversation with ray about how he liked touring with the band while everyone else silently ate their food. when donna decided that she had asked ray enough questions, she turned to gerard.

"so, gerard" she said, taking more cranberry sauce and plopping it onto her plate, "i saw this video on the internet and was wondering about it." they all had an idea of what she was talking about. gerard and frank had gone red, ray was trying not to laugh, and mikey looked uncomfortable.

"what was the video?" gerard asked cautiously. "it was of the band at a show, and um," donna trailed off, "well, i wanted to ask why you kissed frank onstage."

ray burst out laughing and mikey slid down in his seat. "um, it was to make homophobes mad, you know." gerard said, glancing at frank who was bright red. "sure it was," mikey mumbled, making ray laugh harder and gerard and frank to get redder.

both donna and donald's eyebrows were knit together in confusion. "i bet the sounds you guys make on the tour bus is to make homophobes mad too, huh?" mikey asked. ray was laughing so hard that he was now crying and both frank and gerard had their faces buried in their hands. "mikey, what do you mean?" donald asked, abandoning the ham on his plate. "nothing, he's joking dad." gerard said quickly before mikey could say anything else.

the rest of dinner was spent in an awkward silence with the exception of ray's chuckles every now and then. that thanksgiving had left frank and gerard embarrassed, but nevertheless, they continued to hold hands underneath the table.

a/n:

so i know its short but i think it's funny.