lunch

tw// bullying, slurs

Frank hated school.

Of course so did every other highschooler, but Frank thought it was safe to say that he hated school more.

He constantly got bullied for just trying to be himself. Which sucked. Like a lot.

Of course he had his friends and his boyfriend to help him through it, but since most of them were also queer, they were also bullied often.

You had Mikey, who had just figured out he was gay and began dating Pete, who claims he's known he was gay since birth. You also have Patrick, who dated Pete back in middle school and are still somehow on good terms. Brendon (the flambouant pansexual), Ryan (the enby who can do fabulous makeup), and Dallon (the queer giraffe) were all in a relationship that was sickenly adorable. There's also Tyler and Josh, who are newer additions to the group, but are both very gay for eachother. Then you have Gerard (Frank's boyfriend), who claims he's the gayest out of all of them. And who could forget about Ray, Andy, and Joe or as the rest of the group calls them, the token straights.

Of course there's Frank too, but his situation is a little different. He's not only bisexual, but transgender as well. As far as he knows, only Gerard and Mikey know he's trans, so at least he knows he passes.

Everyone knows that the small town they live in is unfortunately mainly catholic, which only fuels the bullying. It of course means the majority of Frank's friends have parents that are homophobic. As out and proud as they were at school, that was all toned down as soon as they stepped out of the building.

Frank stopped his thinking as he began approaching their lunch table. Lunch was always an interesting time. It allowed the whole group to talk about whatever, but it also meant they were all in one place, making it easier for bullies to torment them.

Mikey and Pete were already there, deep in a conversation. Frank smiled and greeted them as he sat down. Pete and Mikey greeted Frank in return and then went back to their conversation. One by one, everyone began to show up. After Frank came Patrick, taking a seat next to Pete, then Tyler and Josh, who were followed by Brendon, Ryan, and Dallon. Then came Andy and Joe, and finally Gerard and Ray.

Gerard sat down next to Frank, giving him a quick peck on the cheek. "Sorry I'm late," he said, putting down his bag and pulling out his lunch, "Mr. Ugliano was being a dick." Frank chuckled, "It's fine," he said, giving Gerard a quick peck on the lips.

"Ewww," someone behind them had apparently decided to join the conversation. All the other conversations at the table abruptly faded away. Frank, Gerard, Ray, Ryan, Brendon, and Dallon turned around to see whoever it was behind them.

"Zack," Tyler started, "please leave us alone." Zack scoffed, "I don't understand why you hang out with these queers, Ty. Mom and dad would be disappointed." Tyler began to stand up, "I don't really care what mom and dad think of my friends-" he was on his feet now "-they're my friends." He began climbing over the bench that was attached to the lunch table. "Ty," Josh said carefully, "come on, come sit back down." Josh carefully grabbed Tyler's wrist. "Yeah Tyler, listen to that friend of yours and sit back down." Zack took a step closer to the table.

"Leave him alone," Frank said, getting to his feet. "Frank, what are you doing?" Gerard whispered, trying to pull Frank back down. "He's your fucking brother, you should be supportive of him," Frank said, looking Zack dead in the eye.

Zack just smirked and looked Frank up and down before saying, "Brave words for a tranny." Frank tensed and sat back down. "Don't you fucking dare talking to my boyfriend like that." Gerard spat, getting to his feet. "Gee, it's fine," Frank said. "No it fucking isn't."

"Gerard, please sit back down." Mikey said from the other side of the table. Everyone seemed to be holding their breath. "No." "Gee sit the fuck down," Frank said calmly, causing Gerard to shake his head again.

Zack laughed, "I mean, technically, you're straight," he started, looking at Gerard, "I mean, you could use a haircut and you need to stop hanging out with these fags," nearly everyone flinched at the word, "and of course stop dating that tranny," he said, jabbing a finger at Frank, who recoiled and layed into Ray's chest, "but other than that, you're fine in my book."

Gerard scowled at Zack, "First of all, Frank is twice the man you'll ever be," he said, taking a step towards Zack. The table was filled with choruses of people telling Gerard to stand down. "Second of all, I like my hair like this," Gerard gestured to the greasy, black, chin length mop on his head. "Third of all, these are my fucking friends and at least they're comfortable enough with themselves to be themselves and not try to put other people down." Gerard was eye to eye with Zack and began to clench his fist.

"Gerard!" Mikey yelled, "What are you gonna tell Mom and Dad the fight was about?" Gerard's fist unclenched. He knew he couldn't tell his parents the true nature of the fight due to how religious they were. Patrick, being the mom that he was, stood up from the table and went to get Gerard from where he was and brought him back to the table. Once Gerard had sat down, Frank went from Ray's chest to Gerard's and Gerard wrapped his arms around him.

Zack smirked and with a quiet, "Fags," he turned on his heel and walked back to join the table with the people he had somehow mind controlled into being friends with him.

Everyone looked at Gerard, then at Frank, who had begun crying into Gerard's chest. There was a stunned silence at the table before Brendon spoke up, "I can't believe that asshole is your brother, Tyler." "Bren," Ryan hissed, softly slapping Brendon's arm. Brendon just shrugged and kissed them softly on the lips.

"I honestly can't either," Tyler said, sighing, "I'm so sorry for him guys." "It isn't your fault though," Pete interjected. Joe glanced up, "Is your whole family like that?" Tyler nodded slowly. "Mine is too, it's okay," Dallon reassured Tyler. They went around the table, nearly everyone saying that their families were all like that.

"Mine isn't." Ryan said in an excited tone, "So if you guys ever need it, my house is always open." they said, smiling. Everyone grinned back at him.

"Guys," Frank said in a small voice, drying his eyes, "Can I tell you guys something?" He looked up to Gerard and gave a small smile. "I'm trans." "Female to male or male to female?" Andy asked. Everyone looked at him, impressed. "What?" he protested, "I am a strong ally, I've gotta know my stuff." Frank giggled, "Female to male." Everyone nodded.

"This doesn't change the way we see you," Ray said. Frank smiled, "Yeah, all this time I've been going stealth," he paused before adding, "Like a ninja." Everyone laughed and finished up their lunch and before long, lunch had ended.

School always sucked and bullies didn't help, but at least they had each other to help each other.

a/n:

 yes this one is heavier, but the ones for the next couple of weeks aren't so it's kinda better ig? i'll also start taking recommendations for one shots if you have any. 

also yes im posting this at 1 in the morning, it is technically monday and im bored so here you go.