Chapter 3

The horse was riding at a fast pace. The rider, a young boy of around sixteen couldn’t control him. The horse nieghed and stood up on its hind legs dropping the rider on the ground. The animal galloped around crazily. Jin could hear the whining animal across the trees. He ran towards the sound dropping his hunter's gear. The horse was about to crumple the rider under him when Jin threw himself towards the animal and caught his forelimbs in his. The animal was strong and Jin controlled him with all his might. He hushed the horse and took his riens in his hands, calming the panicked horse.

The rider was still scared and his heart was pounding erraticaly against his chest from the sudden turn of events. Jin bent down towards him and helped him get up. The rider was too stunned to say anything. Jin put his arms around the boy and pulled him towards his chest. "Its alright…its alright. You are safe now." He rubbed his hands up and down on his back. The boy pulled back from his embrace and looked into the former's eyes. They were soft and reflected kindness.

"What's your name?" Jin smiled as he asked.

The boy was at a loss of words. "NAMUJUN" somebody shouted. "Where are you?" the voice said again and Namujun turned around. "Hyung…"

~

Jin shuffled around in his bed. Turning and twisting everytime. He couldn’t get rid of those images from his mind. Images of kissing, not his girlfriend but a man. His mind couldn’t comprehend the reasons of why he had such vivid dreams of him kissing a man. Moreover the dreams were so clear that it almost felt real to him. No, why would he do that? Why would he grope and kiss a man like that? Jin woke up snapping out of his dream. His breaths were heavy and he was sweating profusely. He was in his bed, back at home after a most terrible day at his workplace. The clock displayed 9 pm. It was already dark outside. There were so many thoughts crossing his mind at once, he decided to forget about the awful dream of him making out with a man. He thought of Solar instead. Her straight long hair, the mole just below her left eyebrow and her plump lips. He usually took a stroll around a jwellery shop that was lined in a nearby market from his apartment. There was a diamond ring on display that costed a fortune. It was beautiful and would look perfect on Solar's long fingers. He planned on proposing her since that day. It wasn’t too soon. They had been together from three years. He had started saving since that day. But now as the realisation dawned upon him he couldn’t see it coming. He was jobless. How would he face her, what would he tell her? A traitorous tear rolled down his cheek as he gazed outside the window into the artificial lights of a city that was dark in reality.

The tug at his chest tightened and he wanted to see her, even though he wasn’t ready to tell her yet. He paced across his room, burying his face on his pillow once. He couldn’t last long and took out his phone to call Solar. She picked up on the first ring.

"Hello" came out her gentle voice.

"Soso…I..uh….can we meet? I have something to tell you." Jin said as he thought for words to speak.

"I've been trying to contact you since… forever Jin. Why didn’t you show up at the place where you decided to meet me? I was waiting for you…I wanted to talk about something really important but you didn’t even tell me that you had other plans." Solar was annoyed and spoke in a fast pace.

Jin almost forgot about his date. He was the one who had decided to meet her and yet he had forgotten about his own plan with her. He felt guilty.

"I'm sorry. I didn’t do it on purpose. It's just that-" Jin pinched the bridge of his nose and scrunched his eyes mid sentence. He couldn’t bring himself to tell her about his misfortune.

"I know you wouldn’t do it on purpose Jin. I just have a lot to tell you and I wanted to tell all of it personally. I was a bit hurt when you didn’t show up at the place." Solar said.