Chapter 9

"Serves you right" Moonbyul tosses her almost broken racket into the bin. A proud smirk is plastered on her face as she picks up the very ruined shuttle in her hands. If it were an animated movie, smoke would surely be rising out from it. Jin had miserably lost the game after the continuous smashes of shuttles went past him. He was wearing a black sleeveless and his hair were dripping with sweat. While the heated game had been in progress Tae, Guk and Solar sat in the stands gaping at them.

Their heads went from left to right to left in a continuous fashion. "I...guess.... that's e- enough for today" Jin panted.

"Did he crack a lame joke while at work?" Tae asked Solar who raised her eyebrows in return. "Seems like she is mad about something and taking it out on him" he laughed.

"Uh...huh no such thing happened." she smiled at Tae.

"Did he intrude you both at a wrong time or something?" Guk grinned at her.

"BYUL-AH! That's enough for now. Just stop it already." Solar flushed and got up without answering him.

"I was right." Guk turned towards Tae.

"You shouldn't have said that" Tae whispered.

"I think he'll remember how to knock a door after this." Guk laughed and Tae rolled his eyes before joining him.

Jin poured water all over himself before drinking it. The game had warmed him up and he was sweating despite the cold weather. He was packing up the sport equipments while Byul was getting rid of the broken stuff. Solar had suddenly come rushing from the stands with a flustered face towards Byul and was pretending to scold her. He looked up to where the boys were sitting and saw the two laughing together.

It made him smile. They were always upto something. But seeing them happy together in each other's company warmed his heart. It was reassuring that his younger brother had someone to care for him and share a heart with. He looked around and saw the girls. Solar looked like she was scolding Moonbyul for real this time and they were bickering about something.

It was their usual self, Jin thought. They always come around. And just as Jin thought that, he saw Moonbyul pinching her girlfriend's nose and then recieving a smack on her hands in return. He feared if they were gonna have a fist fight he'll have to stop it. But to his relief Solar showed her tongue and ran away like a little girl while Moonbyul chased after her in the court.

Jin noticed the two couples and realised how different they were but still together. His heart yearned for something like that. He wanted to experience such love. The kind where he would receive what he gave.

The girls had ran far into the corner of the badminton court and Jin could see them in each other's arms. Tae and Guk were busy talking among themselves. Jin felt like the fifth wheel between them. He slung the bag on his shoulder and moved out of the place.

~

Tae was yet again toying with his small gadget. It was his small achievement and he wanted to expand it into a much bigger one. He was going to be in his lab all day and work on it. But that was completely impossible with Guk hanging around him. He just won't sit quietly. Finally and surprisingly it was Guk who gave up and bolted outside saying Tae was on Dr. V mode and that he was going out to practice for his upcoming match.

Tae felt sorry but was glad to have privacy for once. He started working again. He had to supress everything while he worked. He knew his parents were gonna arrive today and will be here any moment. He was excited. He missed them. But he had to work. He wanted to test himself how dedicated he was towards his work. He would treat himself if he managed to do something without getting distracted.