Chapter 6

Jin thought he was hallucinating. But he barely had a few sips from his drink. It couldn’t be possible. She wore a stunning black dress and had her lower portion of hair curled. Was coming to this place a bad idea he thought. He was literally hallucinating about Solar now. No matter how much he tried frogetting her. About her actually. The truth, he was badly missing her…to the point that now he was hallucinating. He found himself walking towards the figure, who was laughing with such joy he hadnt seen before. Her eyes gleamed as she listened to the person in front of her speaking. Instead of an imaginary Jin, he saw a woman sitting in front of an imaginary Solar. She had straight blonde hair and wore a suit that would put all the men to shame.

Solar was laughing along with the woman. She looked so…happy. Her face had a different glow than before. Her eyes were shining like diamonds whenever she saw the woman. Jin was absent mindedly approaching the table that he assumed to be empty. The joyous laughter of Solar was drawing him nearer and nearer and that was when she saw him. Her eyes shot up to look at him and her expressions changed as if somebody had intruded her heaven. Her eyes were still soft though when she looked at him. Jin realised that very moment, he wasn’t hallucinating. She was actually sitting there, actually laughing with the person and her expressions were authentic the whole time.

Jin did not need any more proof of her love towards the person. He was convinced from the sinews of his body and mind now.

Solar stood up from her place to greet him, but it was kind of awkward as she did not know what to speak. The blonde lady in the suit turned around and got up from her place too.

"Urmm…Hi Jin." She managed to say.

"Hey…" Jin's voice was low and husky.

"Jin, this is Moonbyul…" she said
pointing to the handsome lady in the suit "and byul, this is Jin my good friend." She introduced him.

He couldn’t fathom her words, good friend, it was natural of her to not introduce him as her ex-boyfriend, she used to hate those terms as Jin recalled and it would have been an insult to his injury too. Guess she was his good friend after all if not girlfriend. Jin formally smiled at the recently introduced beautiful lady, Moonbyul…as Solar had pronounced.

"Hello Mr. Jin, we meet finally" she politely smiled and pulled her hand out towards him. Jin shook his hands with her somewhat shyly as her demeanor was overpowering and she had fierce hazel eyes that were difficult to have contact with. She asked him to join them. Jin was quite hesitant to because it was difficult for him to digest everything in front of him. Everything that was going on with him recently. He already had difficulty in stepping out of his house, waking up suddenly from his sleeps of depression. But the lady had quite the aura that Guk had, of convincing people and hard to deny. They could be great siblings, Jin thought.

He took a seat with the ladies and Moonbyul ordered a meal for them. Jin suddenly remebered that he had company he came with. He quickly sent separate texts to Tae and Guk telling them to not worry about him and have their time.

Moonbyul was quite the initiator of their conversation. The conversion was kept formal, from Moonbyul telling them about her work experiences to ending up starting her own publishing company which meant Solar transferring from her job. Solar made a cautious gesture towards Moonbyul as if the work talk would trigger something inside of Jin. Moonbyul was confused but suddenly realised something and Jin looked at them as if they were having telepathic communications. Jin was silent the whole time during the conversation, adding a few 'Ohs' and 'Ahs' and 'yes' in between.

"Byulyi…can you excuse us for a minute." Solar couldn’t hold it anymore. Moonbyul looked at her knowingly and nodded. She wanted to have a talk with Jin. She was noticing his expressions and knew it that she had to bring Jin out of his trance. She had known him for three years and it didn’t feel right that his depression was showing out so clearly on his face.