Chapter 27

After spending a whole week in Japan, they all went back home. 
Woojin: *to Yurin while they were cuddling at night in their room* Did you have fun?

Yurin: Of course. 

Woojin: What part of the trip do you like the most?

Yurin: Eating. The food is so good.

Woojin: What was the best food?

Yurin: I have to say it was the hotpot and the sashimi. I love the barbeque too. What about you?

Woojin: I like you.

Yurin: Eww. Have you ever eaten me?

Woojin: No. But if you were food then I think you'll be the best food ever.

Yurin: Okay enough. I'm going to sleep. *faces away from Woojin*

Woojin: Are you annoyed? *laughs*

Yurin: What kind of husband compares their wife to food?

Woojin: A good one. Duh!

Yurin: I hate you. Goodnight.

Woojin: Goodnight Tofu.

Yurin: *in her mind* There he goes again.

                The Next Morning

          The day started off normally. Yurin had to sign some documents and go to a few meetings with the employees of different sections. Suddenly, the CEO held an unexpected meeting with all the share holders including Yurin's father and her uncle before the time to leave work.

CEO: Thank you all for coming today. I'm sorry I held such an unexpected meeting today especially for the share holders who have retired already. I'm really sorry for that.

Mr.Lee: So...what's the special occasion? Why in such a hurry?

CEO: Well...about that. I am going to resign.

Everyone: *Silence due to the shock*

CEO: Don't worry everyone. I'm not gonna leave the CEO position empty. Yurin is going to be the next CEO.

Yurin: What?!

Yurin's Uncle: I agree. If he resigns then who else in the Lee family will take over the company other than Yurin. We worked so hard to build this company so we're not going to let it go to another family's hand.

The other share holders: I agree. A family business should stay in the family's blood line.

Yurin: But I don't think I can do it. It's too much pressure for me. I don't think I can do it. Plus I'm a woman. When I have children, they will use my husband's last name, not mine. How is it gonna stay in the Lee Family?

Mr.Lee: We all know that. But most of us are way too old for the CEO position anyways. We can be the CEO but it's just going to be a waste of time for the others who can take the advantage since most of us will retire in the next 1 or 2 years. 

Yurin: Why do you have to resign?

CEO: I have personal reasons. I think I should go and enjoy my life. I've been working all my life already.  

Mr.Lee: Come on Yurin. At least keep this company in the Lee family for at least until you retire. I will die peacefully knowing that the company will be under your safe hands.

Yurin: *after thinking hard* Fine. I'll do it.

CEO: Okay. Now we shall call you the first female CEO of The Lee Real Estate. Congratulations.

Everyone: *claps*

Yurin: *bows to everyone as a thank you*

CEO: Okay we're done for today. Goodbye everyone.

Everyone: *leaves their seats and went to prepare their stuff to go home*

              After everyone left, Yurin grabbed her cousin's hand so he could stop going where he was supposed to go.

Yurin: Are you crazy? You think I can manage the whole company?

Her cousin: You've manage many people before. You'll be fine.

Yurin: This is different. This ain't primary school where I lead three classmates in a group work. This company is big and it's made by the blood sweat and tears of our ancestors. Why are you making it sound like I'm gonna manage a bunch of three years old. 

Her cousin: It will be a primary school if you think of it as a primary school. It will be university if you think of it as university. Management does not depend on what type of work it is. It depends on the person who is managing. I know you can do it. I trust you.

Yurin: But-

Her cousin: No buts. You accepted the offer. Just like you said, it's the blood sweat and tears of our ancestors. You wouldn't want it to disappear in an instant right? *walks away*

Yurin: *doesn't even know what to say anymore* *phone rings*

Yurin: Hello?

Woojin: Are you done with your work yet?

Yurin: Yeah. Why?

Woojin: I'm here. Come down. 

Yurin: Okay. Wait.

              Yurin prepared her stuff and went into the car.

Woojin: So. How's work?

Yurin: I'm the CEO now.

Woojin: That's nice...what?! Really?

Yurin: Yeah! I can't believe it either.

Woojin: Oh my god!...But why?

Yurin: My cousin resigned. I didn't agree at first.

Woojin: Well at least you agreed at last. Congratulations my pumpkin pie!

Yurin: Thank you. 

Woojin: Shall we celebrate?

Yurin: Maybe next time?

Woojin: Okay. But still I can't believe it. Are you trying to prank me?

Yurin: No. Why would I? Call my cousin if you want to.

Woojin: Never mind.  

               They arrived home after quite a long drive. They ate dinner and went to bed but they did not sleep. Woojin was back hugging Yurin.

Woojin: Yurinnie.

Yurin: Hm?

Woojin: I want a baby.

Yurin: What?

Woojin: I want a baby.

Yurin: Go adopt one. I'm gonna be to busy to get pregnant.

Woojin: *kisses her neck* Are you sure?

Yurin: Stop!

Woojin: I know you want one too.*smirks*

                  Whatever happens neck is up to your imaginations. Hahahahaha.