Thoughts

Killua's POV

My head was throbbing as I woke to sunlight hitting my face.

I nearly forgot where I was, but recalling yesterday's events, I spaced out to the luxurious room of my apartment. The walls were a pale peach color with large windows, and simple yet elegant designs. I would have to figure out what I need to do afterwards. I can't live here, meaning I must find an actual apartment. This is only for two days, and then, I will be on my own.

I got to the bathroom, and freshened myself up before going out. Since I didn't bring anything with me but my phone, and wallet, I left.

First thing's first, I have to get a job- one that I can tolerate, and enjoy. Even if it is a part-time or side job, I needed to make my own money. By now, mother has most likely disabled my card. But thats okay, I started my own without her knowledge, it doesn't have much, but a decent amount to get by. Lets just hope father hasn't left any leads.

Second, I have to find a low to mid-ranged apartment that I can rent, or find a roommate.

Third, I have to eat. Calling room service would be too much, due to them also charging for calls, so that was out of the question. I walked to the nearest fast food restaurant, and went in. It was around the block of my hotel, and about half an hour away from my house. Ordering something cheap but filling, I leaned against the wall, and pulled my jacket zipper up.

I waited for my number to be called, and zoned out slightly. 'Am I really making the right choice? Father explained that this is the only chance I've been waiting for, to live on my own, and experience the real world. If I hate it, I am welcomed home but under certain circumstances.' I bit my lip

'Who cares. I will prove them all wrong, I am capable of being my own person, and supporting myself. I am definitely responsible, especially since I handled Gon for years.' I heard the number before mines get called and started walking up to the counter, in time when mines was called.

Unwrapping my burger, and grabbing my drink, I looked out the window.

It was around maybe 9 a.m. so the streets shouldn't be too busy. I walked out of the fast food restaurant, and towards the direction of the library. At least there would be computers, and free wifi I would be able to use.

Finishing my greasy meal, I threw the wrapper away, and chugged down my drink. Time to get searching.

The library was quiet, and nearly empty if it weren't for the old folks passing time on their puzzles, and silent games. I got to a computer and started searching for cheap apartments, job openings, and even roommates.

I made sure they were in the same area as I am or close to my school. Hopefully something pops up soon. Spinning in my chair to stretch, I heard a small grunt and pressure on my legs. "Sorry." I said as I accidentally kicked someone down. "It's fine, just be careful." The figure said crouched down. I studied his features and my eyes widened. Medium blonde hair, grey contacts, and a feminine face-

"Kurapika?"

He looked up to faced me, and gasped. "Killua? What are you doing here?" He asked.

He graduated when me and Gon were freshmens, and we immediately became acquaintances but, through Gon, of course. He went into law after highschool I believe. "Nothing much. But good news, I am finally on my own now." There's no use in hiding anything from him, he can practically see a lie miles away, and read anyone. Plus, I was desperate. What did you expect?

"Wow, really?" He questioned a little astonished. He knew of my situation, and my overprotective birth giver. I nodded. "And you?" "I am here for research on a case. I got the job, but it isn't anything big yet." I nodded understanding. He sat down next to me, and placed his books to the other side of us. We started catching up while doing our projects.

Narrator's POV

After a few hours, the blonde haired male turned towards Killua. "Have you been in contact with Gon?" Killua paused on his job search, and faced him back. "No, not really. It's been a while, like maybe 6 months?" Kurapika nodded in understanding. "Would he, ever come back you think?" He asked. Killua looked down in thought with a slight frown decorating his face. "He should be, or at least I hope. We both planned to go to Issac Netero University here for a few years, and get our degreees." Though, Killua was not sure what he wanted to be when he grew up.

Maybe he should major something in the science field? He was good with electricity since he was a transmuter, great with physics, and highly observant with his surroundings(people wise).

The silver-haired male sighed as he then linked all the accounts, and websites to his phone so if anything were to happen, he should be able to get notifications. A few moments has passed, then he and Kurapika both got up and cleaned their area. Deciding to hang out a little more, the walked to a café down the street. "Say, Kurapika?" Killua questioned with his hands behind his head in a resting position. "Mm?" "Do you. . . Listen to music?" Kurapika gave him a side glance in question. "I suppose so. Doesn't everyone?" Killua stuffed his hands into his pockets. "There's this girl I met."

Kurapika's attention was now fully turned to his friend. Through all the four years they've known each other(they still kept in touch after he graduated), he never once talked about the opposite sex. In fact, it seems like he chooses to avoid it since he was quite the looker. He kept quiet hoping to hear more. Once Killua knew he had his full attention, he continued.

"I am sure you've heard of her. It seems like she was from this area or more central of the city. Her name is (Y/N)." Kurapika held back a small smile. 'Is he also a fan of hers?' He thought, and walked into the cozy looking café with Killua following right beside him. "Yeah, I guess you can say I've listened to a few of her songs. I am not exactly into her 'rock' music, but I enjoy her rnb."

The opposite male nodded in understanding. "Why do you ask?" Killua plopped himself down at a table. "She's-" he froze as he glanced up to his friend and in the corner of his eye, he saw something. "-here?"