2. The Mission

Artful's POV

"Artful is going to start her first mission," Horrid began, "She will go undercover as a civilian in the Days City to gather information so we ca-"

He was suddenly cut off by Turbulent, "SIR, SHE HAS NO EXPERIENCE. SHE IS GOING TO FAIL THIS MISSION, AND THE DAYS UNION WILL TAKE HER AND INTERROGATE HER. YOU SHOULD CHOO-"

"QUIET, TURBULENT. I MAKE THE DECISIONS IN THIS ROOM." 

Turbulent stopped and froze. Making Foreseeable got up to shove him back down into his chair.

"W-Well, Sir, shouldn't someone go with Artful?" 

"Yes, Frivolous. I am going to have Aesthetic go with her."

"I am assuming that you chose Artful because of her power?"

"Precisely, Merciless. It make the mission less complicated"

"Aesthetic should be prepared for anything, especially since he hasn't gone into the city before."

"Yes, he should, Otherworldy. I know you have experience with the Days. I would like you to educate Artful and Aesthetic about them."

"Ok, Leader."

The meeting went by fast after that and Aesthetic was talking to me about our mission. Halfway to my residence (do the nights even have residences? AAAAA), we were stopped by Emotionful and Cheerless.

"I'm so glad you are on your first mission! Good luck, Artful!"

He hugged me and I hugged back.

He was always kind to me.

Cheerless's cold, stern voice interrupted my thoughts, "this is your chance to prove your loyalty to the Coalition. Don't screw up."

"Of course, Cheerless."

When Aesthetic and I got inside, he showed me a mirror so I could see what I looked like. I looked like a Night (obviously), but I had long black hair that reached my waist, almond-shaped eyes the color of blood. Some light freckles dotted my face. I was surprised at how I looked. However, I couldn't look at myself forever. Aesthetic and I tried many different civilian looks until we decided on short caramel-colored hair with blue-grey eyes. We put my height at 5'2", which I didn't want, but Aesthetic convinced me that it was cute. I kept my freckles and I gave myself rosy cheeks, because why not? Aesthetic drew a picture of what he would look like. Cinnamon hair and brown eyes with some glasses. He would be 5'8". I transformed back to my normal self and Aesthetic went to his residence. I slept and thought about the mission.

I am so glad Aesthetic is coming with me.

The next night, Otherworldly taught us about the operatives, their Supreme Leader, who to avoid, and how to act.

After a few nights, it was time to leave.

Horrid gave us all other important information and then sent us off. 

"Listen. Artful, you will be going under the name Arabelle Deleon and your residence number is #3930. Aesthetic, you will be Noah Powell and your residence number is #3931. Make them believe you are one of them and get them to believe your façade. Good luck and stay alive."

Aesthetic and I exited the facility and stepped foot on the hard ground. We looked around our homeland once more before beginning on our journey.