9. Interrogation

Third POV

Artful and Aesthetic walked, restrained by the two operatives who had stopped them. Aesthetic glared at Artful accusingly.

"This is your fault," he whispered.

"My fault? How?" Artful whispered back.

"Not only was it your idea to roam the city, but you didn't get us out of this mess! We should have left Friv behind."

Aesthetic went from a whisper to a yell before being hit on the back of his head by the operative with the overcoat. He went silent but continued to glare at his companion. The four walked for about 5 more minutes before Artful replied to Aesthetic.

"I tried to get us out."

Aesthetic looked at her, expression slight softened.

"But how? And why didn't it work?"

"I tried to teleport us out," she whispered, "But I was tired from running. You know how much energy it takes to teleport. Energy I didn't have."

Finally, Aesthetic seemed to understand.

"At least we will go down together." He gave a weak smile.

The group made it to an unfamiliar building before everything went dark for the two night operatives.

Timeskip

Artful and Aesthetic woke up, each in separate rooms, unable to contact eachother. In front of each of them sat an empty chair.

Artful's POV

I sat in my chair, tied down and feeling both drowsy and awake. 

How did I get here? I was walking with those two day operatives and Aesthetic, then everything went black.

I was pulled out of my thinking when I suddenly heard the door open and watched a familiar figure enter. 

"I believe we have met before, correct?"

"Yes, 'Supreme Leader'" I snarled, "What do you want from me?"

"I am going to ask you some questions, and you are going to answer them, or else you will face severe consequences."

I wonder where Aesthetic is?

Great continued, "Your fake identity is Arabelle Deleon?"

"Yes."

"How did you change your look into a civilian so convincingly?"

How should I answer this? Should I tell him about my shapeshifting? 

NO.

Huh?

DO NOT TELL HIM. DO NOT TELL HIM. DO NOT TELL HIM. DO NOT TELL HIM. DO NOT TELL HIM. DO NOT TELL HIM. DO NOT TELL HI-

"I am very talented in makeup."

Great looked at me, narrowing his eyes, but saying nothing.

PERFECT. DO NOT TELL HIM ANYTHING. WE WILL BE THERE SOON.

I shivered, confused by the voice in my head.

"So, you are a night?"

"Obviously."

"Remember who has the gun right now." Great held up the pistol that was previously in his holster.

"Fine, whatever."

"Why are you here?"

"To collect information on the Union."

"As expected."

The interrogation continued for about 10 minutes before the Supreme Leader reached another key question.

"I do not recognize you. Who are you and how did you join the Night Coalition?"

"I am Artful_Night."

"I assume that is your name because of your artistic ability with makeup?"

"Erm, yes."

Great scribbled more information on a notepad which I had just noticed. Then he re-asked the part of his question I had hoped I avoided.

"Now, how did you join the Night Coalition?"

"Well, uh,"

DO NOT TELL HIM. DO NOT TELL HIM. DO NOT TELL HIM. DO NOT TELL HIM.

"Horrid found me. I was partially infected, and, um, I demonstrated the qualities he could use as another operative."

"I see."

That was horrible.

"Thank you for your cooperation. Two operative will be here soon to move you to your containment cell."

Just as Great was about to leave, I yelled out.

"Wait!"

"What is it?"

"Where is Aesthetic?"

"He is being interrogated by Emotionless."

I sighed, glad he was alive. The door closed and I sat in my chair, thinking about the voices I heard.

Who was that? What were they doing in my head? What do they mean by "we will be there soon"? Everything is so weird.

I sighed once more and looked up when I heard the door reopen. To my dismay, the operatives assigned to take me to my cell were quite familiar.