Long May He Reign

Amaya sat in her tent with her new found steward

"Wait, so this combination of letters, they spell...knife? But there's not a k in it." Audrey said, staring at raven's letter.

"Don't ask why, 'cause I don't know." Amaya said as she took a sip of her ale. Audrey sighed and looked up from the scroll.

"M'lady, why are teaching me to read?" Audrey asked. Amaya looked up from the raven's letter she was currently reading from Elena.

"Well, if you're going to help me, I need you able to read. I've got a lot of responsibilities in this war right now, and I don't have time to answer raven's. Plus, once you go your own way, you'll be able to do a lot more if you can read." Amaya explained. Audrey looked like he was going to say something, but stopped when the flap of the tent moved.

Amaya turned to see who had entered. "Robb! What a pleasant surprise. What are you doing here?" She asked. Robb glanced past her and at the boy sitting across from her, before looking back at her.

"I hadn't seen you much since the battle, I thought I would come see what you were doing." He said, still looking at the boy. Amaya caught his gaze.

"Audrey, take your food, and leave us. When you're done with your food, my sword needs to be sharpened." Audrey stood and nodded his head in respect.

"Yes, M'lady. M'lord." He scurried past them and out of the tent. Robb watched him go before sitting down where they boy had just been.

"Who was that?" He asked, curiously. He had never seen the boy before, and he was curious as to why there was a boy in her tent. Amaya didn't look up from what she was writing as she spoke to him.

"Audrey Stone, he tried to kill me last night." 

"What!?" Robb whipped his head around so fast, Amaya was sure he had given himself whiplash.

"You heard me." She said, finally looking up at him. He stood from his seat and started pacing.

"He tried to kill you, and now you're teaching him to read?" Robb asked, he was furious with her, she could tell. But why? Why was he so upset?

"Well clearly he didn't secede. Robb, he's a sixteen-year-old bastard from the Vale, whose trying to make a living as a sellsword. Honestly, why are you freaking out so much?" She asked, taking a swig of her ale. Robb stopped pacing and turned on her, his blue eyes held something in them that Amaya had never seen before. Was it fear? Concern? She couldn't tell.

"Freaking out? Someone tried to kill you last night, and you're wondering why I'm freaking out?" Robb bellowed. Amaya sighed as she stood up, grabbing his arm to stop the pacing. Her eyes were kind and sympathetic.

"Robb, I'm fine. I promise. You don't need to worry about me. I can take care of myself." She said, a smile playing at her lips, her heart warming at seeing how much he cared. He nodded slowly.