Oath's Broken

"Do you think I should mention that the boy tried to kill me, or should I just say I got a new steward?" Amaya asked

Her and Robb were in Robb's tent, sitting at a table and writing letters to their siblings. Amaya had her feet propped up on the arm of Robb's chair lazily. The flap to Robb's tent was pulled open to let a breeze in, and so they could see what was going on outside. It had been two days since they found out about Theon's betrayal, and while Amaya was still pissed at Robb, she could blame him to much. Theon had been his brother and he had trusted him.

Robb chuckled, turning to look at her. "I'd leave that part out if I were you." She smiled and nodded.

"You're probably right. How's your letter to... Bran, is it?" Robb nodded, not looking up.

"Aye. I'm almost done. It's rather boring I'm afraid." Amaya scoffed and stopped writing.

"Boring? We named you King in the North. How is that boring?" She asked incredulously. Robb grinned and started laughing.

"Nah, I find that whole event rather boring." He said, causing Amaya choke on her wine.

"Well, if it's such a bother for you, I'm sure someone can take that crown off your head- figuratively speaking." She mused with a sly smile. Robb chuckled lightly.

"Oh, I'm sure someone could. And it wouldn't be you, right?" He asked with a smirk. Amaya scoffed.

"I don't think I would ever get chosen to lead. No one trust the fox." She said sourly. Robb shrugged.

"I think they trust you more then you think they do." He said, she raised an eyebrow at him.

"How'd you know?" She asked, curious as to why he would say something like that. She knew these Lords, they didn't trust her, no one did.

"Because I trust you, and if the wolf and the fox can trust one another, I think the other House's can." She smiled to herself, not realizing that he was staring at her, enjoying the smile that rarely graced her face. Someone coughed behind them, causing them both to jump a little and turn to see who had entered.

"Mother! What brings you by?" Robb asked Lady Catelyn, but his mother ignored him, staring at the woman whose feet were propped on Robb's chair. Amaya looked between Robb and his mother for a moment.

"Lady Catelyn, what a lovely surprise, Robb and I were just writing letters to our siblings. Care to join us? We can make room." She finally said, though her teeth were gritted together. She was getting tired of the Lady of Winterfell judging her.

There was an awkward silence that hung around them for a long moment, before Lady Stark decided to open her mouth.

"You will address him as 'Your Grace', he's your King, My Lady, not some toy for you to enjoy." Lady Catelyn said, causing Amaya to narrow her eyes. "Lady Harclay, need I remind you, yet again, that my son is betrothed to another?" She asked accusingly. Amaya gritted her teeth together, hard. Her breathing started to quicken with anger. This woman was unbelievable! Here her son was, smiling and laughing, and she had the audacity to come in her and accuse Amaya of trying to seduce him?!