..three..

"Pray for yourself one time."

"Had a bad day, baby?" Y/n cooed to Miles. They were on the subway together late at night. They weren't supposed to be sneaking out under the cover of darkness, but uncle Aaron told Miles he had surprise for the both of them, so they just had to go see him.

Miles didn't answer. Ever since school ended for the day, Miles had a frown etched onto his face. Y/n knew he wasn't in high spirits because he wasn't blushing at her nicknames. Though the worst part was, she didn't know how to talk to him. Even after years y/n was never good at talking to him when he was down, her love language was affection, not words.

Suddenly y/n's spidey senses kicked in, the train was about to jerk. Bracing herself, she shut her eyes tightly as the motion of the locomotive sent her forward a few steps. She was now really close to Miles. Her face was level with his chest while his arm braced itself against the pole behind her.

Finally deciding to make a move, she leaned in and wrapped her arms around his torso. Miles stiffened, then brought his free hand to rest on her back, breathing in her signature scent of coco butter and Shea moisture. Lifting her head she ghost her lips over the lobe of his ear.

"Hey, I know this new school stuff is hard n' all. You can talk to me ya know, I might not have good advice, but I'll always listen. I wanna be here for ya baby." She said softly while lifting his chin with her finger.

Miles shuttered at the feeling of her breath hitting his neck, but still didn't answer.

"You still not talkin' to me?" Y/n pouted in his ear. Miles breathed in sharply, both his hands quickly clutching her waist.

"Y/n." He whined. She just loved messing with him. Y/n finally backed up and laughed.

"I'm just teasing ya Miles. But seriously, if you every need to talk to me about something, I promise I'll listen. Now come on, this is our stop."

Approaching the window of Aaron's apartment, the two looked at each other knowingly before rubbing their faces against the glass of his window. Aaron spotted them immediately and laughed, letting them in.

"Uncle Aaron!" The two yelled, enveloping him in a bone-crushing hug.

"Whats up kiddos." Aaron said smoothly.

......

"Now come on, grab your jackets, I have something to show you." Aaron said, walking to the door. He directed Miles to grab the duffel of spray paint before leading the kids to a underground sewer area. It was wet, but didn't smell too bad, and that area was perfect for painting.

"Oh this place is awesome for new work!" Miles yelled to Aaron. He watched as y/n measured with her fingers at the area right infront of them. Miles came up behind her and wrapped his left arm around the front of her waist, resting his head on her shoulder.

"What do you say we do another collaboration piece? It's been a while since we've had this chance." He whispered in her ear. She giggled and brought her hand up to rest on his cheek.

"Sounds great. What concept do you have in mind?" She asked, walking to the bag and pulling out a can of blue spray paint.

"Expectations. You better hope you can keep up with me, sunflower." He smirked, ready to rid all the tension he had built up from school.

"You know I can, pretty boy." Y/n said back.

Then the two went to work, while Aaron watched. The two's styles were so different but they complimented each other well. Miles was all about calligraphy and simple shapes and designs but his color usage was that of an expert. Y/n was was more figurative, she did faces and bodies and common objects, she had been studying anatomy for years.

A few hours later, it was past midnight and the two had finally finished their piece. It was a bright pink and layered background, on each of the four corners there was an image, books, paints, pill bottles, and dance shoes with a microphone. All the colors from each side dripped into the word "Expectations". And in the very middle there's was a white outlined silhouette of Miles with his hands on y/n's waist and y/n with her arms draped over his shoulders.

"Come on, let's get a good picture infront of it." Miles said, handing Aaron his phone. Y/n and Miles posed infront of their masterpiece while Aaron took a couple pictures. When he handed Miles the phone back, he swiped through the pictures smiling at the results.

"You're really pretty, Sunflower. Have I ever told you that?" Miles asked. Y/n blushed and shook her head.

"Maybe once or twice."

Miles chuckled, swiping through the pictures still. He was so into it that he didn't notice the spider crawling up his hand until it bit him. He swatted it away and paid it no mind.

"Uncle Aaron thank you so much, but we must be going. Miles and I have classes in about..." y/n checked her phone. "Four hours."

Miles noticed how y/n's speech was back to its proper state and not the slang she sometimes used. In fact, she only ever talked like that around him.

"Of course, you two need your education." Aaron joked.

"Oh wait! Can I ask you something really quickly?" Y/n asked.

"Sure thing."

Miles watched as y/n whispered something in Aaron's ear. He chuckled as y/n blushed, fiddling with her fingers.

"He's been waiting for you. Make your move." Aaron said quietly, and with that the three of them left the sewers.