..four..

"I think you know what I need to get by, something for your mind."

"Don't sweat it okay?" Y/n said to Miles as they walked through the hallways. Y/n's hair was slicked back neatly into a nice puff, and her uniform was ironed and buttoned to the top. She looked beautiful.

"Okay, I'll try." He said back, but for some reason it felt like everyone was watching him.

Soon a blonde girl with short hair approached the two, or really just Miles. Though before she could speak, her head snapped to y/n. The two stared at each other for a minute before mumbling.

"You're like me..."

"Uh, you guys okay?" Miles asked suddenly.

Soon the girl snapped out of it and began talking to Miles. Y/n smiled a little, happy that Miles was making friends. She walked away from the two to go look at the bulletin board a few feet away.

The real question was where did that girl Gwen come from? Y/n thought her and her father were the only spider people in New York. The only way to get answers is to ask her in private. All she had to do was ask Gwen to meet her later on.

When y/n turned around, Miles hands were stuck tightly to Gwen.

"What the.." running up to the two, y/n tried prying Miles' hand from Gwen's hair, but it wouldn't budge.

"Ow ow ow ow!"

"I'm sorry!" Y/n said quickly. "I-uh, let me take you to the nurse!"

"Please."
.......

Gwen closed her compact mirror and sighed.

"I like your hair." Miles said nervously, gesturing to the hand-print buzz cut Gwen now had.

"You don't get to like my hair." Gwen sighed, getting up to leave.

"Oh, Gwen. Can I speak to you later, privately? About, you know..." Y/n trailed off. Gwen's eyes widened a little before she nodded understandingly.

"Yeah sure, I'm in dorm 711, come by after classes." She said, leaving the nurses office.

"What was that about?" Miles asked.

"Don't worry about it, the real question is why you're so sticky." Y/n replied.

"I-I dont know! Like I said I woke up this morning and the voice in my head was so much louder than it normally is! And now my limbs are sticking to everything! I don't know what's going on!" He exclaimed.

Y/n placed her hand on his shoulder. Using her free hand she grabbed his jaw, forcing him to look her in the eyes.

"Look at me. Miles everything is gonna be okay, alright? We're gonna figure it out." She said calmly. Taking a moment of silence, y/n rested her forehead on his, giving him time to calm his nerves.

There was a lingering thought in her mind that was giving her an idea of what was going on, but she didn't want to believe it true.

"Now let's go back to class." She said, holding out her hand.

As the two were peacefully walking through the hallway once again, they were stopped by a security guard.

"Morales, L/n, I know you snuck out last night." He stated with his arms crossed menacingly.

"Who's Morales?" Miles asked befor zipping down the hallway, and y/n ran in the opposite direction. The security ran after Miles, leaving y/n to run to her dorm. She felt her phone ring in her pocket, when she pulled it out she realized it was a text from her dad. All he sent was a location, she knew that meant trouble.

She sighed in relief when she realized her roommate wasn't in the room. Placing her books down she went to the closet to pull out her spider suit. Opening the door, she reached up at the top shelf that her suit resided in, but before she could reach it, something crashed through her open window.

"Miles!" Miles rolled into her stack of comics, shirtless and laid on the ground for a few seconds.

"Miles? Miles baby are you okay?" Y/n asked, cautiously approaching him. Miles groaned, sitting up. He lifted his hands, they were stuck to paper, the pages of y/n's comic book to be exact.

"Stop sticking, stop sticking....keep sticking..." he read under his breath.

"Miles. What if I told you I knew exactly what's wrong with you?" Y/n asked, pulling the shoe box from out of her closet.

"Then please enlighten me." He panted.

"That's the thing though, I can't...at least not right now." Y/n said.

"Why not??" Miles asked. Y/n bit her nails nervously.

"I just can't, I'm going to see someone who might be able to help you though. I'll be back later okay? Please stay out of sight until then." She said. Miles stood up and took her hands in his.

"You have to go right now? You can't stay here with me?" He asked, giving her the best puppy eyes he could muster.

"Not this time pretty boy, I won't be long I promise." Y/n grabbed the shoe box and ran out the door before Miles could protest.

Miles stood still, watching as the door shut behind the girl. He didn't know why, but his mind kept flinging back to the spider bite he got the night before. The spider was glowing and it looked so strange, maybe that had something to do with what was happening to him. All he needed to do was go back to the sewers to find out. Putting his shirt back on, he got ready to leave the dorm.

"Sorry Sunflower, I just can't stay put this time." He mumbled.