01.05.2020

Friday
It was May first, a nice day. The grass was green, flowers were blooming and adding nice touches of colour to the mixture of bushes and grass. Everything in the neighbourhood was perfect, a place for people who could afford somebody to keep check of everything in and around their houses.

In this neighbourhood, a man disappeared. He was just out on a walk when a van pulled up next to him, two men jumped out, hit him over the head and dragged him into the back of the car.

The flowers were still adding the perfect amount of colour to the gardens. The plants were still green. It seemed as if nothing had changed. It was calm. As calm as it could be after and before a storm.

---

George had been working for over six hours now. These last hours on a case always made him hate his job. The case was closed, the evidence was there, and it was enough to make a nice case in front of whatever judge was taking over this particular drug dealer. George had done his part and enjoyed doing it. He had successfully hacked the drug lord's weird ass own "communication app". It hadn't been that hard.

Well, that was the fun part. Now it was time for paperwork. Only paperwork. Honestly, why in god's name did he have to print out every piece of evidence? He had gotten over 400 incriminating text messages and he had to print out each of them and give context. He hated it.

Some minutes later, his boss, Mr. Panpas, showed up to put him out of his misery and ordered him home. George had not realized how late it already was.

On his way home in the subway, George thought about Dream. He usually called him Dream, Clay felt weird. Who calls their kid Clay anyways? Well, "George" wasn't creative either, but he liked his name. He took his phone out of his jacket and pressed fast dial. Yes, he had Dream on fast dial. So what? They just talked a lot, usually when George was off work and Dream had finished dinner and waited for him to start a stream.

Dream didn't answer his call and hadn't written him either. They were supposed to record a video together after George was finished working. Well, it had gotten late.

George decided not to worry about it too much and went to bed. Dream was going to call him tomorrow. Maybe even in the morning, then he could listen to Dreams voice being all raspy. In the morning, Dream was often way too sleepy to carry any conversation at all. They still called. George refused to interpret anything into the situation and kept his hopes down. He went to sleep.

---

[notes

English is not my first language, this is why this sounds like its been written by a toddler. Sry about that lol.

I tried to get as much "consent" from Dream and George as possible. They expressed that they were okay with fanfictions in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4HWNpyPGaM

(and if they express any different opinions in the future, I will delete this story asap! I would have never published or written anything if I hadnt found the clip. Shipping real people is kinda shady idk)

This story will be published on Archive of Our Own too

Yeehaw]