Chapter 8

Harry rose early in the morning. He always slept quite finely in the Tomlinson's which usually allowed him to wake early while still feeling promptly rested. When he went to check his phone he saw that the time was 7:45 am, seven hours of sleep not to bad. Harry also sent a text to his mother saying that he would be out for most of the day with the twins but would be back in time for dinner.

Harry quickly got out of bed and went to the kitchen as he felt his stomach begin to grumble. Harry always adored being in the house this early in the morning, the way the light filtered through the curtains and added a golden glow to the accessories of the house. The frames of the paintings shimmered almost making it look like the paintings were floating, it was a truly amazing sight. This was the sort of thing that made Harry wish that he brought his camera so he could capture the moment.

Even though this normally wasn't the type of thing he photographed Harry still recognized its beauty and wanted to be able to share it with everyone, it was the type of scenery that a 17th-century artist would paint, a painting he knew Mr. Tomlinson would have fallen in love with and brought back home like so many others.

Once finally arriving in the kitchen Harry grabbed the teat kettle, filled it with water, and placed it on the stove. While the water was heating up he grabbed a mug and a tea back as well as the container of milk from the fridge. In perfect timing, whistling rang through the air and he picked up the kettle pouring the steaming water in his mug with the teabag. Harry allowed the tea to steep for a couple of minutes before removing it and pouring in the milk.

Harry threw out his tea bag and put the milk back into the refrigerator before picking his mug back up and walking to the kitchens bay window. Harry was thankful that he had his tea to keep him warm as the window was not doing much to keep out the cold wind blowing outside. The view of the window was of a dainty garden that fell just in front of a small pond. Littered among the trees was treehouse that used to be apart of his daily life, it was one place where Harry and Louis would go after school to relax.

They always kept games like checkers, playing cards, and Jenga along with an endless supply of comic books and journals. It was also the best place to hide during a full house game of hide and seek. The fond memories replaying in his head of the reason that Harry stayed sitting by the window, they were worth the cold biting on the tips of his nose and ears.

When Harry finished his tea he decided to start making breakfast, he had already pushed it off long enough. Harry wasn't the best cook in the world but he definitely wasn't the worst, he could easily follow directions on the back of a box or successfully recreate a dish with a recipe so in reality there was no reason to be uncomfortable cooking but he still was.

While roaming the pantry he came across a box of pancake mix and decided that pancakes did, in fact, sound like a good breakfast on a cold winter morning. Even with the box sitting gon the highest shelf Harry easily grabbed it and brought it to the counter.

Harry also grabbed a mixing bowl, pan, spatula, and the rest of the ingredients he needed to make the batter. Halfway through Harry decided to mix in some sprinkled to create a confetti effect in the pancakes, what's so wrong about making pancakes more fun anyway?

Harry already had the pan heating up on the stove so by the time the batter was completely ready he didn't have to wait in order to get them cooking. Spraying the pan with oil harry proceeded to pour the batter in somehow creating perfectly circular pancakes. Within ten minutes Harry had nearly twenty pancakes made and the batter was all used up. He portioned out the pancakes onto four plates, he didn't know if Louis would be up for breakfast but it was worth saving him some just in case.

Looking at the time it was nearly nine now, and with breakfast already finished he decided to go and wake up the girls. Harry made his way up the spiral staircase and to the bedroom. He lightly knocked on the door before entering to see Pheobe and Daisy already awake and dressed in day clothes.