Chapter 26

It took nearly thirty minutes for Harry to finally arrive at the Tomlinson residence, once he did he pulled around to the back and parked in the garage. Harry was thankful that Louis had given him a garage opener, especially so he wouldn't completely freeze to death. All Harry grabbed was his phone before he headed inside.

"Louis!"

Harry called out but got no response, eerily the house was nearly silent. However, that really didn't mean much as the house was so big they could very well be blasting music and jumping down in the dance hall and nobody would even know they were home.

Harry decided to go and walk towards the front of the house, when he arrived at the front door he placed his phone on the small table that sat right before the staircase. Only seconds later Louis came running up from one of the halls opening every single door as he moved forward.

Louis's head fell back and his shoulders dropped in relief when he spotted Harry. Quickly he ran to meet him. Harry had to bite his lip to keep from bursting out into laughter as Louis stood next to him panting trying to catch his breath. Louis bent forward placing his hands on his knees as he continued to pant.

"I thought that you're a star football player..."

"I-i- shut up."

Both boys laughed as Louis began to stand upright again now placing his hands on his hips.

"I probably should have warned you about this."

"Yeah, you think!"

"But this is so much better!"

"Styles you better stop laughing before I make you go outside."

"Someones a little feisty."

"I can't find my sisters in our own house!"

"Relax, they do this all the time. it's really the only thing that keeps me in decent shape. This is just their way of retaliating against bedtime."

"Why are they so fast? Every time I grab one of them and turn to get the other they both have disappeared!"

"Ah, so they're working together tonight?"

"I think so, I don't know."

"Okay then let us get going, they certainly aren't going to surrender."

Louis nodded in agreement and Harry shook his head lightly with a faint giggle and began to run up the large staircase with Louis by his side. Once the stairs ended bringing the boys back to a solid floor, they split up, Louis going left and Harry going right.

"Oh, and I forgot! Whatever you do, do not call their names it gives them more time to run if they hear you!"

"Could have used that advice an hour ago!"

Harry and Louis each jogged down their hallways and throughout the dozens of rooms that lined them. The boys moved every piece of furniture, piles of blankets and clothes, and checked every single little crawlspace littered among the house. Nothing. Neither Harry or Louis found a trace of Pheobe or Daisy.

It took over an hour to conduct a thorough search of the entire upstairs meaning that when Harry and Louis finally met back out it was nearly pitch black outside. They ran down the stairs to begin checking the downstairs.

In a sense the first floor would be easier to check than the second as it consisted of fewer rooms, however, the room just so happened to be about triple to quadruple the size. Many of the rooms were minimally decorated with very few good hiding places so the pair felt confident that if the girls were still down there they would easily find them.