Normal Once Again... Again

Everyone pitched together to help fix up Corona after the beasts had destroyed parts of it. Rose and Varian, on top of beast Rudiger, had traveled back to where all of the Coronans had taken shelter, and explained that everything was fine again. Some were skeptical at first, but eventually tagged along behind them as they led the way back to Corona. 

    Some people helped others who had injuries, some picked up debris. Rose found some of the animals who were once beasts and led them back into the wild-- even picking up the dead bodies and burying them.

    After a few hours of work, the kingdom was looking as good as new. Everyone who was wounded had been all patched up, and all of the residents were heading back to their homes. Now it was just the royals, Varian, Rose, Rae, and Elisha standing outside the castle.

    Rose suddenly remembered something from earlier-- something she’d been thinking about before all this chaos appeared.

    She turned to Eugene. “Hey, Eugene. This may not be exactly the greatest time, but I was wondering if I could try out for Royal Guard-”

    “Try out?!” Eugene exclaimed. Rose’s eyes widened. Did he not think she was right for it? “There’s no need for you to try out. You’ve proved to be amazing at protecting people.”

    A large grin formed on Rose’s face.

    Eugene ruffled the top of her hair. “How ‘bout you come by tomorrow and you can start your training?”

    “Okay!” Rose beamed. She wanted to bounce around with happiness, but didn’t think that would show her to be a good guard.

    “Well, we should probably head back to Old Corona,” Rae said. “My mom’s probably freaking out, wondering where I am.”

    “Alright,” Rapunzel said. She wrapped her arms around Rae, Rose, and Varian. “Goodbye.”

    “Bye,” they all said with a smile.

    After a few farewells to the rest of the royal family, Rae, Rose, Elisha, and Varian all headed back to Old Corona. All of the former fights had been forgotten as they talked and laughed together. Everything was back to the way it had been. Everything was normal again.

    Back at Rose’s home, Varian and Rose were hanging out together as Elisha made dinner. Rae had gone back to her house; she had a lot of explaining to do to her mother. But Rose had promised that she’d come over the next day.

    But as Rose and Varian talked, Rose knew that Varian was keeping something from her. She could see it in his expression. She narrowed her eyes just a touch. What was he hiding?

    “Dinner’s ready!” Elisha yelled from in the kitchen.

    They both got off the couch and walked into the dining room. A sudden smell wafted into Rose’s nose. Spaghetti.

    The three of them sat down and stared eating. Elisha was a wonderful cook; all of her dishes were delicious. There was little conversation, and Rose noticed that Varian still looked as if something was on his mind. I’ll have to talk to him later, she thought to herself.

    Once done, she and Varian headed back onto the couch. Rose was about to ask Varian what was troubling him so much when Daina padded up to her. She looked as if she was in pain. And was her stomach… bigger?

    Daina looked up at Rose with her big, watery eyes and squeaked in distress before plopping onto the floor. Rose quickly crouched down on the floor, carefully picking Daina up. She put an ear to her stomach, then gasped. Daina was going to have pups!

    “Daina! Why didn’t you let us know earlier?” Rose asked. 

    “What? Wh-what’s wrong?” Varian quizzed, kneeling down next to Rose.

    “Daina’s going to be a mommy!” Rose said excitedly. Daina squealed in pain. Worry suddenly came across Rose’s face. “And really soon.”

    “Mom!” Rose yelled. “We need some newspaper!”

    Elisha walked into the living room. “Why do you need-” Then she saw Daina. “Is she alright?”

    “She’s in labor! Now quick! Newspaper!” Rose yelled hurriedly. Elisha nodded and ran over to the stash they held near the fireplace. She unfolded a few and laid them out on the coffee table. Rose slowly set Daina down on top.

    “She’ll be alright, won’t she?” Varian asked, clearly concerned. Rose knew what he was thinking about-- Benton. They couldn’t possibly lose two of their friends in just a few days.

    “Of course she’ll be alright,” she reassured him, but it did little to calm herself.

                        . . . 

    Three boys and two girls. That’s what Daina had. A few days had passed since then, and their fur coats had started growing in. They all had different variations of brown fur-- all except one. There was one boy who had light gray fur just like Benton. So, naturally, he was called Benton Jr.

The others were called Ellie, Duncan, Violet, and they had even named one after Griffin. Rose was happy that the family had grown, but crestfallen that Benton wasn’t here to see them. And the pups wouldn’t ever be able to meet their father.

Rose still pondered about what Varian had been thinking about the other day. What had been bugging him so badly?

Once finished with Royal Guard training, she headed for Old Corona, and Varian’s home. But as she neared the large cottage, she noticed someone running down the pathway; Varian.

He abruptly stopped before running into Rose. “Rose! I was just going to see you.”

“Oh. Well, I wanted to talk to you about something,” she told him.

“Really? That’s exactly why I was going to see you,” he explained. “Well, what it is?”

“Huh? Oh! Well, the other day, when Daina had her litter, something seemed to be bothering you. I was just wondering what it was.”

“Well, lucky for you, that’s what I was going to tell you anyway.” He took a deep breath. “I want to go search for my mom.”

Yup, that's the end to the whole entire story. No more continuation. Goodbye.

Ok, obviously that was a joke. There will be a third, and probably final, book in this series called Lost. But there's probably going to be a short hiatus as I try to think of what the whole plot line is and everything.

So, in the meantime, I'm going to post some trivia about this story, and maybe have a Q&A. Oh, and a One-shot book!

Welp, that's it for now.

Byeeeee.

~Myth