009

It was almost one o' clock by the time Bakugo finally wandered down to the kitchen to make lunch. I had brought my laptop down to the kitchen table to camoflauge my suspicious lurking. Bakugo gave me a weird look when he saw me all set up at the table, trying to look overly interested in my game of solitaire but didn't press on the subject.

"Figure out the TV, nerd?" he asks with an annoyingly smug undertone to his voice as he begins to gather materials to make our lunch.

"Had to throw in the towel." I admit, allowing some of my irritation to bleed through into my words, "Don't think a god damn rocket scientist could figure out that stupid remote." I tell him begrudgingly as I nurse my wounded pride.

Bakugo lets out a breathy, joyous noise and it takes me a few seconds to notice the musical sound coming from the boy is a laugh. Bakugo was genuinely laughing and the sound was contagious. I'm unable to suppress the smile bubbling on my lips as I realize this is the first time since our first day quarantined here that I'd heard him really laugh at something. 

He's turned a little bit away from the sink so I can see his side profile as he's caught up in the humour of it all. The sight makes me feel warm, an aura that makes him seem carefree and full of light exudes from the boy as he laughs. I can't help but feel oddly captivated. I blink as it slowly dawns on me the situation I'm putting myself in.  If Bakugo was laughing that must mean he's in a relatively good mood...

Oh shit. It really do be the one time your angry roommate is in a good mood...

"Bakugo, what are you making for lunch?" I ask as nonchalantly as possible, closing my computer and cautiously approaching the island to at least get a better view of my upcoming antics. If I was going down in flames, I might as well fall with style.

"You'll know when it's fucking done, nerd." he answers smugly. I repress a sigh at his words. He could never make things easy, could he? I am determined to continue the conversation, so I press on.

"Give me a hint, Kacchan." I say playfully, sidling up to island and resting my hands on the cool marble countertop.

"Don't call me that, fuck face." he retorts in irritation, eyebrows arching at the mocking nickname.

"Oh c'mon, so you can call me fuck face but I can't call you Kacchan?" I ask in a slightly whiny voice, jutting my bottom lip out in a faux pout.

"Yup." he responds without emotion, wasting no energy on our conversation and focusing instead on the task in front of him.

"But Kacchan is so cute and fuck face is so, how do I put this... not." I argue lazily, knowing he likely wouldn't be stopping calling me the crude appellation anytime soon.

"Good. It's not supposed to be fucking cute, dumb ass, it's an insult." Bakugo shoots back, giving me his signature glare. He could trademark that look, I swear.

I gasp dramatically, bringing my hand up to cover my heart. "An insult?" I say as if I didn't already know this fact, "I'm hurt, Kacchan." Bakugo rolls his eyes at me and purses his lips, putting down the knife he was using to chop up miscellaneous vegetables. He turns toward the sink and I feel my stomach clench in anticipation. 

Here it comes...