Wrongly

Stormy night, fireflies had faded, the fragrance of the food had done and was replaced by the odour of humidity and rainwater.

As another thunder stroked the sky, they had reached somewhat a shelter.
It was a 'You Are Here' signal, it only covered their heads. The tallest one with the biggest frame had to kneel to be covered, the second tallest was embracing the youngest and shortest for warmth as the second shortest had sacraficed his jacket to their youngest.

They didn't have spare time to pack up any of their belongings that layed on the plaid blanket on what now was mud.

The car park wasn't close, not at all. They were basically at the other end of the forest. And the closest camping site was five kilometres away.

With only two options available they chose to wait for the rain to settle down first, but if it only worsen they would have to run at their limit as far as they could to whatever might be near.

So after twenty minutes of waiting the storm had softened. Mud had conquered the ground but other than that there was no reason why they couldn't walk off.

They had finally reached the parking, (After almost three hours of walking) at which they were getting stares from other visitors exiting the buildings, but did they really care? They were fed up and just longed to get home as soon as possible.

Once at inside the car, the heating was turned up all the way, nothing  mattered anymore. They were not standing and they were warm.

"Really not feeling like driving..." Chrysalis complained.

"I would volunteer if I wasn't any worst than you" Sombra yawned from her left.

"It honestly does not matter-" Tirek caught the yawn from the back of the car"who drives, just please get us home" he pleaded with a sleeping teen on his shoulder.

Once on their usual driveway they flopped out of the vehicle and dragged themselves to the door. Sombra digged in his jacket that Cozy was wearing for the keys and opened the door into their average two story house of six rooms.

They lived in a quiet neighborhood for their sakes they needed peace of mind. They didn't bother to worry about the picnic the storm had destroyed and the items they left behind, they were tired, probably had caught a cold and fed up.(But aren't they always)

Chrysalis made the effort to turn on the heating.

They were now a bundle of blankets on the leather sofa and wouldn't move.

To their surprise they only needed a few minutes to fall asleep.