Allow Me To Explain

They're like the family I never knew I would ever have.

Their names are Chrysalis, Sombra, Tirek and our beloved Cozy Glow.

After the Sisters' revenge, we were forced to escape Equestria as discretely and fast as possible. So we only saw one path, and that was to the human world.

We have an alternative portal to that world, it's not just the one that purple pony posseses. There is many more out there.

But as we crossed borders with our world of fairy tales with their of reality, we mutated.

Well at least that's how we refer to it.

As we crossed, our oxygen was limited. The walls closed in and the world spun in triangles. Our magic had triggered a malfunction on the portal, currently I've found out that it was a cracked mirror, which isn't good in any way.

Chrysalis probably had it worst, as you many know in her pony form she has many abnormal curves, holes in her skin and organs, no? It's different? Well that's how she looks now, she has been in hospital for far too long, too long to keep up with counting the days. There's holes in her stomach, lungs, kidneys, intestines, veins, brain, liver, bones, muscles and in her heart. You'd think she wouldn't stand a chance to live after that condition, but what do you know she lived. She lived but at what cost, to feel like your life may end at every minute that passes? She might live but in the pain of a thousand years.

Sombra however, he didn't get carved out, instead his body mutated on top. His left arm is completely fragmented into his own crystals, all of his magic is still with him but unworkable. His dark energy now parties inside his crystal arm alongside with his other kinds of energy. At which he wears an arm cast, to protect it from cracking, contact with anything or even attention. Sure could've just chopped his arm off, after all he can regenerate, but the grip the crystals have on his arm only became stronger.

Tirek is no better, he never actually changed, not much. But with his centaur frame, it is not possible for him to be outdoors, visible to everyone that may look. His human half changed somewhat, but he still has his horns, yes, fragile temper? Absolutely, his black sclera? Anything that would make a centaur look unnatural. His red skin still lives too. He lives his days at home, all day. Acknowledging that a centaur needs daily exercise, he can only prance about at nighttime and accompanied.
He can change his appearance to look more human, with only two legs but it takes up all of his energy and can't wait to run again, so he doesn't risk anything, as that appearance can sweep away at any second.

And Cozy, well she's doing her best. She tries but it's mostly to achieve nothing. Her body kept her wings, which she can't use, (Unless she's at home but it's better not) then she just wants rid of them.

I forgot to mention that we have hooved feet. So shoes are a problem a most of the time.

It's been 150 years since we've been stuck here between the human race.

Not many things have changed. At least we don't think.