Not Impressed

The rabbit boxer gently hugged the rhino ballerina as if it was the last time they'd ever meet.
She could only think of how much blood those creatures contained. After all she had been raised by specific people.
"Can't I just wake up please"
She thought in her dream but the furries kept on cuddling.
"I am likely to start puking if you two don't stop it" and the affection only increased.

She jumped as she felt someone grab her wrist and opened her eyes, she met a familiar pair of eyes.
"You've vomitted all over your bedsheets, again" Tirek was laying on the floor to left of her bed, he let go of her wrist.
"I have?" Cozy looked down to her chest, left and right of her shoulders.
"I have, wow..um I do not know how that happened"

"Be precise Cozy" Tirek demanded.
"What do you mean?"
"You don't know how this" he gestured to the brownish stains on the fabric "Or this" he pointed at her tired face. "Because it's almost twelve and you've been sleeping as if you forgot to wake up"

"Oh" Cozy zoomed out. "Um, I'll suppose there's an explanation? I believe?"

"Why did you sound so skeptical?"

"I dunno"

"Just-" Tirek thought for a second. He opened his mouth again " Just shower, get changed and we'll look into your- sleeppuking later"

Cozy laughed and got out of her bed. Tirek gave her privacy as he lifted his hind legs, front legs and was going to walk out, but he told her one more thing before he left. "Oh and your breakfast is probably cold by now" and he closed the door.

It was Saturday, so gladly all five of you would be home. At which as expected from the picnic day, all four of them have in fact caught a cold. So either or they'll stay at home.

Whenever Cozy did come downstairs, Tirek was laying on his spot, at the right side of the lounge sofa, on a poofy rug, he just loves to lay there.

Chrysalis sat awkwardly on the rim edge of the sofa arm. Coffee cup in hand, she was also just waken up recently.

And Sombra stood behind the kitchen island, with oven gloves, awaiting cookies, Cozy probably assumed by the homy smell.

The TV had caught all of their attention as the local news came on.

News woman: Good afternoon, I am C/n(character name, I couldn't be bothered) and I will be narrating today's early events.

News man: Good afternoon to you too C/N, I am c/n and I will be accompanying you with today's news.

Nw: As the very early morning church bells have rung, the local priest of Rag Leaf has contacted us because of his very interesting story he will be telling.

The news lady nods and another shot comes on, it is our local priest for a fact, he looked very concerned.

Priest: Morning to you too, my children, I have a very strange list of events that have occurred this very morning.

So the priest kept on talking, Cozy sat at the table near the sofa, where Tirek layed, so she chose a different chair than the usual. What had caught their attention was the headline at the bottom of the screen.

"DROWNER STRIKES AGAIN, THIRD VICTIM OF THE SO CALLED DROWNER HAS BEEN FOUND AT THE RIVER BANK OF CARING RIPPLE. THE DROWNER HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED AS A MURDERER THAT HAS SO FAR DROWNED THREE PERSONS IN THE PAST WEEK"

As Cozy had breakfast with Sombra by her side, they waited for the News to start discussing about The Drowner.

All the cookies were now gone and the news lady began to talk about The Drowner.

Nw: The very feared Drowner, has striked again. His third victim as the last two is for a fact a late thirties, male, with brown hair.

Nm: Yes indeed. The first two victims have been through the autopsy and have been found with Nicotine capsules in their big intestine. That is all the information the police department has allowed us to announce to the public. Please stay safe, don't risk that weekend pool party.

Nw: Good afternoon.

"So.... Really nothing happened?" Chrysalis questioned.

"For a human world" Sombra had a biscuit in his hand "they either kill them one by one" he bit the biscuit in half "Or knock off too many at one time" he knocked over the packed of biscuits. Which he lifted up quickly.

"Doesn't seem that bad of a situation" Cozy said.

"Not really" Tirek added. "If that so called Drowner is out there drowning one by one why not just plan a party before anyone becomes suspicious, then close all the escapes possible and then do drown the people. Not one by one! That's just sad"

"Ok Tirek first off, what if people saw?" Chrysalis corrected "What about the neighbours huh? Swimming pools are usually outside-"

"Then just use a indoor pool" Sombra began "Just commit a genocide in a Waterpark while you're at it"

"You guys sound like psychopaths, I'm gonna do my bed, but I'm also not surprised" Cozy announced.

The day went on and they came downstairs to tell me how their day had gone and were now going to jog a bit with Tirek since the sun was setting.

I know for a fact that we have a swimming pool, they don't actually use it. Not since Cozy's eighteenth birthday, that was fifty years ago.

But this  Drowner person doesn't sound much like a threat. Sure we should be afraid, oh no there's a murderer on the loose! Come save us.

We've been through worst. The dumb humans get scared by nothing.