isle four

A GROUP OF TEENAGERS THAT SMELLED OF MANGO FLAVORED JUULS ENTERED THE STORE.

they all had dark clothing with either strips or band names, and silver chains upon silver chains around their necks and hanging from the pockets of their pants.

y/n hid behind the frozen food section as shinsou stood beside her stocking back the food. "who are you hiding from ?" the purple head asked. as she scooted toward him, she moved her head towards the group of kids as a signal. "it's the eboys !" the girl exclaimed in a whisper.

hitoshi rolled his eyes and handed his female co-worker a hand, which she accepted as she stood up. "let's just let them film their tiktoks so they can leave soon." the boy sighed out. she shook her head several times before stopping and pointing her finger at the boys behind them. "they'll make fun of your hair ! again !" she declared.

the insomniac boy acknowledged that, but he had a plan to avoid the edgy teenagers. "it doesn't bother me that much. plus, we can always just try our best to avoid them." y/n adjusted her vest and groaned out. "fine, if you say so." just then, the boys spotted the employees they usually stopped by to have a conversation with.

well, more like the employees who's flaws they'd nit pick in a low-key way.

"hey y/n, long time no see doll !" one of them exclaimed as they patted her shoulder. the girl tensed up and shoved his hand off her shoulder. "heyyy, um, . . .boy !" since she had forgotten his name, boy was the next best thing.

shinsou grimaced at the fact he called her doll.

he cleared his throat before speaking up, "is there anything we can help you guys with ?" his two friends turned to look at each other before they turned to look back at "boy."

"yeah, we would make fun of your poorly dyed and poorly styled hair" he started "but we're here for a different reason today." he stated.

the male swept his hand over his naturally purple hair in embarrassment. "i'm here to ask y/n out !" the girl choked on air. "are you free after this shift ?" shinsou was ok with them making fun of his hair, but this joke was a bit too much.

y/n backed away slowly from the group of males, "um, you see, we have a policy where we can't date or go out with customers ! have a good day !"

"i told you chase would get rejected." one of them bickered to the other. the now known boy glared at his friends, not accepting the fact that he most likely lost this dare.

he smirked. "alright then. how about i make you one of my customers ?"

y/n stared at him in confusion. "as in buy drugs from you ?" she stuck her tongue out, "eww, no thanks !"

the friends all burst out in laughter, chase stepping closer to the girl and shinsou glaring from a safe distance. close enough to protect his clearly uncomfortable co-worker, but not close enough to punch the boy if he got provoked due to not wanting to lose his job.

the boy chuckled, "um, no, not exactly. more like a sugar baby."

this time y/n was the one to laugh. "ok listen, i may be an underpaid walmart employee, but i'd never accept money from someone like you." she turned around to look up at the clock on the wall.

"now, if you excuse us." she grabbed shinsou by his wrist and pulled him with her, "it's our lunch break, chase."

she strutted away and left the eboys dumbfounded, turning around for a quick second to say one last thing, "and his hair is natural and pretty !" she raised her middle finger and hoped the security cameras wouldn't catch that.

chase glared at her as his two friends held back their laughter.

"you lost the dare, you owe us twenty bucks."

— 🛒—

"can you believe the mere audacity !?" y/n and shinsou were now down for the day, they were taking their vests off as they exited the local store. "i would've used their chains to strangle them if i didn't work there." she complained.

the lavender haired boy rubbed the nape of his neck and turned to look at the girl hesitantly. "hey, do you think i should dye my hair or something ?"

she dropped her jaw at the question, her eyes wide enough for shinsou to see her orbs expand, "no ! of course not, your hair is already pretty as it is !" hitoshi flushed at the complement his friend had given him.

"thanks."