isle five

"I CHALLENGE YOU TO A RACE SHINSOU !"

the purple head turned around from his cash register as stared at the girl unamused. she pointed at two abounded shopping carts a few feet away. "no." he answered. the girl whines out and flung her arms up in the air, "come on, ube cake !" she exclaimed.

shinsou shuffled his locks shutting her eyes close and sighing out. "last time we did that we almost got caught. we'll get in trouble y/n." it always seemed as though hitoshi and y/n weren't even co-workers and friends. since the taller male always had to babysit her and make sure she wouldn't make a mess.

"not to mention that it'd be disrespectful to the store and all the employees." he added, almost praising the store. "fuck the employees." the girl scoffed as she headed for the carts, leaving her position. "we are the employees." he retorted, following after the girl to bring her back to the cashier.

she gripped onto the cart handle, her friend grabbing her hand and attempting to yank her off. "come on, we're still on cashier." he groaned out as he struggled to pull her off. she struggled back, "no ! just one quick race, then we can go back to our shift !" its almost as if she was glued to the damn thing.

"i said no, we can go to a go kart track later or something." his low pitched voice filled the silence in the section. "no one is even here at this hour ! it'll be quick !" she fought back enthusiastically. the male gave in and let go of her, "if we got fired—" y/n pushed a cart his way.

"we won't, i promise ! here." she took out a list that had several items listed on it. "fill your cart up with this and meet me back here. the first person to arrive wins." she smiled cheekily and took out a list of her own which consisted of the same items.

shinsou went over the list quickly before they both prepared their carts for take off. "what does the winner get ?" the boy asked. "if you win, i'll do the clean ups whenever the toddlers eat too much candy again." he smiled mildly and gripped onto the handles of his cart. "deal."

y/n counted down from three to one, signaling to start once she had finished. hitoshi was of course the first to take off, immediately heading for the loaf section to get that bread. his h/c haired co-worker just watched as he ran around with his cart as she pulled a separate one that already had all the items on the list. "work smart, not hard, they say." she said as she took out her phone and waited for the purple head to finish.

a short three minutes later, he said was seen rushing back to where he started from and saw y/n casually tapping on her phone, one of her elbows leaned on the cart. he slowed down a bit and panted out in exhaustion. "how do you always" he paused "finish first ?" he took in another breath. "skills i have left over from my old job i guess." she chuckled.

he nodded at the reasonable answer. "alright, o guess that means i'm cleaning the messes next time." he sighed out in embarrassment and rubbed the nape of his neck. "what ? no you're not." the girl slid her phone away in her pocket. "i said if you won, then i'd clean the mess next time. but you didn't win." a puzzled look remained on shinsou's face.

"yeah, but whenever we play this we always agree that the loser has to—" y/n quickly shushed him, "yes, but i want a different price this time." she stated. the puzzled look quickly turned into mere fright. "no. not the walmart moms. i'm not taking care of them." her e/c orbs dropped, "ok, fine. how about this then..." she started, hitoshi following along.

she pushed her cart aside and stepped closer towards the boy, her friend not moving an inch. she then leaned in and quickly pecked his cheek, leaving the boys face warmed, due to the form of affection. "there, that's all i want." she smiled up at him and the purple head stared at her for a few seconds in shock before squinting his eyes at her in suspicion.

"what does your quirk have to do with you always finishing first ?" he asked. y/n pointed up at a camera that was located where they had originally started, "when you have some free time, look over the security footage."

a lady with a cart and two pigtails interrupted them shortly, "excuse me ?  can i please have one of you help me check out ?" y/n turned to face her and padded shinsou's shoulder. "he'd be more than glad to help you !"

the boy stood there unamused and whispered a few words to y/n before he walked to the cash register. the girl chuckled, "i love you too, loser !"

a/n: not proofread bc idc and i'm sleepy 💀