Four|| More Of Us

Adelaide Kane as Taylor King

Ian Bohen as Thomas King

Revised and edited

-----------------------------------------------------------

I sat outside the house next to Evan, frowning at the white picket fence. We had been parked in the van for at least ten minutes, watching the house in silence. The man never spoke, but he didn’t need to. His intimidation needed no words to be put into effect.

"What is it?" Evan asked.

"This isn't them." I murmured.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"The perfectly mowed grass, annual barbeque, white picket fence, friendly neighbors, it's not them. I know Taylor. She'd rather be on the police force than be an accountant. They've been hiding out. The stench of a human, I can smell it from here. He's a smoker, gambler, probably. Alcoholic, too, can't you smell the beer?" I asked, and Evan inhaled deeply.

When his eyes opened, they were a vibrant orange.

"My mate." He said, his voice distance. I gaped at him. We were down the street, how could he scent his mate?

"Taylor?" I breathed out.

"I think so." He said, getting out of the van and slamming the door closed. He strode across the street towards her house, and I scurried after him.

"What are you doing? This isn't the plan!" Isabella hissed in my comm unit.

"I think Taylor is Evan's mate." I replied.

"What?! How do you know?!" Ivy demanded.

Evan opened the gate and walked up the sidewalk to the red front door.

"He can scent her and is heading straight there." I said quickly, and Evan knocked on the door violently.

It opened, revealing a sleazy looking human male, a cigarette between his lips and a beer in his hand. This was that foul stench.

"Who are you?" He asked rudely.

"Where's Taylor?" I asked.

"That witch? None of your business." The man said, and went to close the door. With surprising anger and strength, Evan popped the door back, it hitting and probably breaking the man's nose.

He howled in pain while Evan walked past him, searching for Taylor.

"What happened?!" Sarah yelled.

"I think Evan broke the human's nose." I said, staring at the blood coming out of it.