Fifteen|| Train

||Tristan's P.O.V||

I shrugged on my suit jacket the next morning, pulling my tie straight and smoothing out my hair in the bathroom mirror.

Ariel was still asleep in bed, she hadn't stirred once last night, she was so exhausted.

I'd wanted to take her to this meeting when I'd planned it last week, but she needed her rest.

There would be other boring, royal meetings for the rest of our lives.

I walked over to her side and looked down on her with adoration in my heart.

Her face was glowing in the light from the open curtains, and her brown hair was in disarray around her face and across her pillow.

I brushed her hair out of her face and leaned down, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead.

I closed the curtains quietly and left the room, trying to be as silent as possible.

I found Phoebe in the common room, staring at her phone with her earbuds in her ears.

She heard me approach her even through her blaring One Direction song, and took her earbuds out.

"Leaving?" She asked, tucking her brown hair behind her ear. I nodded.

"I should be back this afternoon if the meeting goes according to plan."

"Is Ariel still asleep?" She asked, and I nodded again.

"I don't know when she'll wake up, she's exhausted."

"I'll make sure she eats," She assured me, sticking an earbud in her ear.

"See you later, skippy." She rolled her eyes playfully, but still smiled.

"Yeah, whatever."

I walked downstairs, passing Summer. "Morning Summer," I greeted.

"Good morning Ki- Tristan." She caught herself this time, and I sent her a grin, which she shyly returned.

I walked downstairs and found the two guards waiting outside in the SUV. Usually I got to drive myself, but Jax, Rafael and Tessa demanded I had guards to avoid any potential disaster.

"You can't be reckless. You're King, you have other responsibilities." Tessa had scolded.

I passed Isabella and Chris in the kitchen, and waved to Chris.

"See you later," I said to Chris before turning to Isabella. "Goodbye, brat." I poked her in the back and she tensed, glaring at me.

She reached over and ruffled up my hair. I smacked her hand away, and she stuck her tongue out at me.

Chris watched this all with an amused smile on his face.

"Brat," I muttered.

"Turd," she shot back. I rolled my eyes and left the house, coming up on my guards.

"Good morning gentlemen." I greeted. One opened the door for me and I nodded to him gratefully, unbuttoning my suit jacket and getting in the car.

He closed the door and I looked out of the window up at the house.

I could see Ariel standing in the window on the second floor, watching me leave.

I'll be back soon. I linked her, sending her a soft smile. The look of defeat on her face worried me, and I almost told the guards to stop driving and cancel my meeting.

Phoebe appeared beside her sister and they hugged, Phoebe allowing Ariel to lean on her.

She sent me a thumbs up, and I mouthed a thank you at her before rolling up the tinted window and facing forward.