Twenty-Four|| Thanksgiving

A/N: I love all of you. 😘

-----------------------------------------------------------

I sat up in bed, looking down at Tristan. He was still asleep in our room at Haven, his brown locks a mess across his face.

I walked into the closet and dug around my clothes, contemplating what to wear today.

I picked out a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt, putting my hair up in a messy bun and leaving the room, letting Tristan get some sleep.

The war was stressing him out, and he was often exhausted and worried.

"Ariel?" He mumbled, his eyes half open and following me out of the room.

I walked over to him and ran a hand along his face. His eyes flitted closed for a moment before opening again.

"Go back to sleep, baby." I told him softly. "I'll be back in a minute, I'm just checking on the others."

I went downstairs to the kitchen and found Nina, Carter, Alex and Sapphire sitting around the bar, talking and laughing.

"Hey guys," I greeted.

"Ariel!" Alex greeted with a welcoming grin.

"Hey Alex, how are you feeling?" I asked.

"I'm feeling better," Alex nodded. I poured myself a cup of coffee and put a bagel in the toaster.

"That's good." I nodded. I walked over to the bar and stood across from the others while I waited for my bagel.

"Is Tristan still asleep?" Carter, asked, and I nodded.

"He had a late meeting," I said with a sigh. "The war is hard on everyone."

"Dude probably has a lot on his plate." Sapphire commented.

"I have a lot on my plate listening to Lance," Carter said, rolling his eyes. "He likes to hear himself talk."

"Are you sure you aren't talking about yourself?" Nina asked, popping a grape in her mouth with a wink.

"Rude," Carter remarked.

"Nah, that's Uriah," I said, shaking my head.

"Ninety percent of what he says is a smartass comment," Carter agreed.

"Can't argue there," Nina shrugged.

"It's not a lie." Sapphire giggled.

"Morning guys," Isabella greeted, coming in while rubbing her eyes tiredly. "I checked on the search- I got nothing."

"Cue my entrance," Ryker sauntered in, giving Sapphire a one sided hug.

"Hey," Carter raised a hand in welcome and Ryker nodded to him.

"Breakfast," Isabella moaned, scrambling slowly to the pantry.

"Slow down before you hurt yourself," Ryker teased.

"What's this about hurting people?" Lance wandered in, yawning and stretching out. "Ryker, are you bullying people again?"

Ryker smacked Lance in the stomach and Lance let out a whine.

"Ow, what the hell? Damn, that hurt!" He cried, rubbing his stomach.

"You kiss your Mother with that mouth?" Ryker asked, and Lance deadpanned him.

"No, but I will kiss you." He retorted.

"That's gay," Sapphire pointed out.

"I knew it!" West entered the room grinning, Jake behind him. "Lance is gay!"