Epilogue

Ben's P.O.V.

My footsteps clicking down the hallway was the only sound in the otherwise dead silent building. The tall windows to my left allowed the summer sun to stream through, caressing my skin with warmth, and I sighed happily, appreciating the feeling on my skin. 

The glint of the letter "I" on my suit caught my eyes, reminding me that I was going to be late if I didn't hurry up. 

But staying in the sun was so nice.

Grumbling, I continued walking, readjusted the folder in the hand. Of course the meeting had to be early in the morning. It's not like we had all day to talk about the new mission. But that was just the way they -we- worked, I guess. 

Hanging a left, I rested my hand on the cool metal handle, taking a deep breath. It wasn't that I was nervous. Not at all. Rather, I was excited. But one couldn't seem too excited while talking about taking down a potential world-threatening gang, now could they? 

Steadying my breathing, I twisted the handle and pushed open the door, a smile slipping onto my lips at the sight in front of me. 

Michael was still drinking his coffee while lazily checking the news on his phone, and Ava was attempting to sharpen her claws. Trinity was typing away at her computer, probably trying to hack into the Agency again. Don't ask me why, she always just says that "if she can't hack into it, no one else can, so it's better to be safe than sorry." Or something like that. 

I locked eyes with Will, who was sitting back in his chair, drumming his hand on the table. Raising a brow as if to say, bored already? I walked to the head of the table, clearing my throat. 

All eyes snapped to me, and the others straightened as I threw the folder onto the table and braced my hands on either side of the now-scattered papers. Meeting my new teammates eyes, I nodded once in greeting.

"Here's the plan."