CHAPTER 4

"Are you fucking serious?" he growls, it's so low only I can hear and a part of me tells me I heard wrong. I try to take the pen, but he is holding it tight, I pull harder and pretend not to notice, not to hear him. My love life is none of his business and Jason can't find out about us.

Jason is standing there, waiting for me "Are you alright?" he asks, if looks could kill V would have murdered him in that instant.

"Yeah, sorry I just dropped my pen" I lie and smile, grabbing his hand again and gently tugging forwards.

He obeys my gentle pull and we start walking towards the cafeteria. I take a look at the pen in my hand, it looks very fancy and expensive. I save it in my bag, pretending it's mine. Jason doesn't say anything but I know he is trying to hide his anger, ironic how he is always so jealous yet he is the first one to cheat...

The cafeteria looks exactly how it did 4 days ago, but I feel completely different. Near the entrance I spot Evelyn's head. "Bye Jason! Have fun at lunch time!" I tell him, giving him a kiss on the cheek and walking away before he can ask to join us.

"Hey Lucy!" Eve tells me, sitting on a very crowded and lively table "meet the guys, " she says, smiling and I look at them timidly "that's Anthony,  Navaeh, Hailey, Autumn, Zachary" Eve points each person as she calls their name

"We met at the Welcome Party but you probably don't remember us" Says a girl, Autumn, with a smile

Now that she says that... all their faces look a little familiar. Anthony and Zach are the guys who played beerpong with us. And Navaeh was the funny girl who kept making me laugh, they introduced themselves at the party, I feel bad that I completely forgot them.

"I remember now" I say, smiling, "it was a fun party"

"Yes, it was, right? The guys usually throw a party on the first week of classes and one of the last week, they are the two biggest parties of the semester" Hailey explains "But don't worry, there's gonna be a lot more parties! Just not as big..." I was not worried, in fact, I was glad I won't be going to their apartment anymore.

Lunch with them was way more fun. They are nice, real friends, not caring about how popular they are. They are down to earth, smart and friendly. I know they get along really well with THE boys, but they don't brag about it, unlike Amber.

"This Friday our Frat is throwing a party" Zachary says while Anthony stands and waves his fists with an excited smile.

"You are in a fraternity?" Maybe I judged them wrong and they are also in the pursuing of popularity.

"Zach and I are proud members of Omega Mi" Anthony says, pinching and pulling his hoodie with the letters Ωμ "It is not a big deal, we are just a group of friends who live together and throw occasional parties. Nothing out of the world"

If you say so..

"Sounds fun, Lucy and I will get there early to help" Eve offers

"Don't worry about it, just be sure to get there at 9pm" Anthony doesn't accept her help, and I'm grateful he did not.

This time I'm bringing Jason with me, or at least give him the name and address of the party that I will be at. To make sure I never find him making out with another girl again. I decide to text him later, break is almost over and I still have my digital art class.

After my last class is over I return to my dorm, Eve will be gone because after classes she has the University Radio thing.... So it's the perfect time to do my homework.

When I arrive at my dorm I see a tall figure in the hallway. Kim is standing in front of my door with the clothes and shoes I wore at the Welcome Party.