Learning

Florida Man and Australia Man had finally gotten together after pining for months and things were looking up. Unfortunately, the Floridian was still very insecure and touchstarved. After being touchstarved for so long, Florida Man was used to it. Now that he is getting the touch he needs, he can't live without it. He is scared Australia Man will leave.

The Floridian tries to shake off the thoughts as he feels the Australian pull him closer. The touch is warm. He then feels unshead tears burn his eyes. He feels the tears run down his face. He is annoyed with himself for crying during a happy moment between the two. He feels like a burden.

He tries to regain composure, but it is far to late. He cries in the Australian's chest, desperately hoping that he doesn't wake up. He feels the Australian stir, knowing that the he has woken him up. He feels awful.

"Flori, why are you crying? Is something wrong?" Australia Man asks in concern.

"Please don't leave... I need you..." Florida Man says, his voice wavering with  insecurity and sadness.

"I won't, I promise you. I love you so fucking much." Australia Man reassures. He knows the Floridian will need a lot of reassurance. "Why do you think I will leave?" He asks, trying to find the source of his boyfriends insecurities.

"We used to be so close and then you started becoming distant. You wouldn't initiate physical contact anymore and I wondered what I did wrong. It put me in a bad place for a while. I dont want that to happen again." Florida Man said.

"You didn't do anything wrong. You would tense up when I touched you someti,as and I thought you were touch averse. I'm really bad at reading people, so I didn't realize that you needed to be touched." Australia Man explains. Florida Man was calmer than he was before. The Australian kissed the top of Florida Man's head. Florida Man's face flushes.

"Do you want to prank Karen? She is a bitch and I want to get back at her, goddammit!" Florida Man says happier than before. The Australian laughs in relief. He is so glad that the Floridian was happy enough to start going back to his old self, albeit less insecure. He decided from this day forward that his goal was to rebuild Florida Man's self esteem.