Chapter 2: A sisters apology

Beth's eyes fluttered open as the truck hit a bump in the road. She must have been asleep for a few hours, she last remembers it still being light out. She looks over at Maggie sitting next to her.

"Hey there" she smiles. Maggie looks down at the sleeping child in her arms. "I grabbed her from you when I noticed you dozin' off, you shouldn't be havin to take care of her anyways in your condition."

"In my condition? I was shot in the leg not the arm, I can still hold and take care of Judith." She says playingly to her sister.

"No but still you've been in a very traumatic situation and it hasn't even been a day since we got you back." Maggie was so protective, but mostly she was so happy to have her sister back.

"Bethy, do you hate me?" She asked looking at her sister, her eyes large and sad.

"No Mags, I could never hate you." Beth replied giving her sister a small smile.

"You should, daddy wouldn't be happy with me I gave up hope, I lost faith. I should have looked for you I should have been as determined as Daryl was."
Beths heart skipped a beat hearing that.

Beth what on earth is wrong with you why do you care so much about Daryl! I care about Daryl?...I guess I do care about him. Stop it Beth.

"He was so confident that you were still alive and...and I wasn't really sure if I should believe it or not." Tears started to swell in Maggie's eyes.

"No Maggie stop it, you had Glenn to worry bout. You had every right to think I might be dead, I mean I hoped you weren't but I had thoughts at times that you could be...Mags, daddy would be so proud of you, I just know it."

"Thanks Bethy, he might be more proud of you though you were so strong, you've really grown up into such a beautiful woman."

Beth gave her sister a smile "was Daryl really that sure I was alive?" Maggie's eyes jumped on Beth but quickly settled back to the baby in her arms.

Crap what was that look for, was that too weird to ask? But I have to know, can she tell I care a little more than might be propper? But what is propper in this world anyways...

"He was so confident in you, that you were strong enough to survive. I guess you changed a lot from my little baby sister." Maggie giggled.

"Well I was with Daryl, for a while. We got out together and spent a lot of time together. I learned a lot, he taught me so much, I grew so much. I guess spending that much time alone with a Dixon will do that to a girl" Beth lightened her comment laughing.

Looking around Beth noticed almost everyone sitting around them had fallen asleep. She didn't see Daryl,
 he must be in the other car with Glenn and Rick. She thought to herself.

"Tomorrow were going to try and find a place to stop and stay for a few days, to collect supplies, cars, and so you and Carol can both get better." Maggie says looking at Beth as she sees her peering out into the darkness.

"Hopefully well find something nice, we could use something nice, ...maybe it could be home." She says the last part quietly so that Maggie didn't hear.

Beth and Maggie stayed relatively quiet the rest of the night. Beth couldn't help imagining a new place, a home where they could all be happy and have lives. And she drifted off to sleep again with this fantasy in mind. Her dreams taking hold of where her daydream left off...

*** I only got one comment but I figured I'd write some more!! I hope you liked it please like and comment and let me know how I'm doing, If I should keep going. Is this too long too short of a chapter ? Thanks!