Chapter 3: Beths Dream

***This chapters a bit longer then the others. Let me know if it is too long! Im still trying to figure out what length chapters I like. Thanks!!!

It was bright, the sun was shinning, birds were chirping and there wasn't a growl to be heard...It even smelt of flowers.

Beth went towards a white door, and upon opening it found her sister Maggie with Glenn sitting on a colorful and unusually clean rug playing with a young child, immediately she could tell it was theirs.

She looked to the side of her to see Rick holding a large toddler, he let Judith down and she ran towards Beth. She scooped her up and swung her around.

"Mommy" she heard, but it wasn't coming from the child in her arms. She turned around, no longer holding Judith she looks down to see a very young barely walking baby.

She could see the child had her blond hair, but it also had her eyes. But they weren't her eyes, they were a darker, deeper blue that could mesmerize you. She looked behind the baby to a door the child must have come from.

Standing there was Daryl. He was leaning in the doorway wearing that vest with the wings. His arm muscles protruding and flexing as he leaned against the door frame. "Like whatchu' see...mommy" a smirk crept up on his face, it was ever so slight that it was just a turn up of the corner of one side his rough rugged lips. Most might not have noticed it but Beth did, she had gotten to know him quite well.

She looked into his eyes and became mesmerized with his dark, deep blue eyes. The way they were looking at her was as if he could see inside her, see all of her thoughts all of her feelings. Those eyes softened and looked at her in a way she had seen before, in such a unique way that only once ever before he had looked at anyone like that.

The room darkened, but those eyes stayed the same, looking at her the same heart throbbing way. She was sitting, they were back in the funeral home. "So you do still think there are good people around" it takes a second to realize those were her words.

"Mhm" he grumbles while shrugging.

"Don't 'mhm' me... what changed your mind?"

He just looks at her, those eyes deep and telling.

All of a sudden it's pitch black, she tries to scream but it's muffled by something covering her mouth. She is able to wiggle her lips to free them since she can't do it with her now seemingly bound hands. She can smell rubber and gasoline, she's back in a trunk.

No, no, not again. She says to herself on the brink of tears. "Daryl!" She cries out for help "Daryl!" This time she screams and jumps up.

"Beth...Beth" strong hands are shaking her awake.

She opens here eyes and sees blue beneath the dirty brown strands of hair.

"Oh Daryl!....It was pitch black, it was happening all over again." Her lip trembles "I kept calling for you but you weren't there...you weren't there." She fades off, clearly about to cry.

"It's alright I'm here, your safe now." He pulls her into his chest. At first he's not quite sure why he did it, he was never much for physical contact, but that girl had broken him, he didn't mind holding her so much.

The sound of his heart beat relaxed her, and she started to breath along with the rise and fall of his muscular chest. She could smell sweat and dirt, what normally would be gross, smelt so good on him. She took a deep breath, taking in his scent.

Her breathing calmed down, realizing he was still holding her he quickly and awkwardly backed up. "Uh, you alright now?" He asked looking down and away from her.

"Yea, I'm fine." She takes anothr deep breath and sucks it up. As he's about to close the door to the truck she stops him "thanks" she says quietly.

"Mhm" he mumbles and with that he shuts the door.

"You alright dear, what was wrong?" Beth looks over and realizes Carol was still there.

"Nothin'...." She decides to continue telling Carol "we were together after the prison fell, we were together for a while....until I got kidnapped"......

Daryl latches the door shut.

"Is everything alright?" Daryl turns around to see Noah. He had forgotten he was even there. He was on watch over Carol, Beth, and still limping Noah while everyone went to search for a place to stay and supplies.

"Yea, just Beth yellin in her dreams" he responds as he heads back to climb on top of the truck again.

"Again..." Noah sighs.

Daryl stops in his tracks. "Wha'chu mean again?" He asks facing the boy again.

"Back at the hospital, I was made to work, a lot of times at night. She would call out every night..." He paused. "It would always be for you"

***Please tell me how I'm doing so far! Thanks for all the views! Hopefully I can get some more reads, likes and comments.