CHAPTER 1

Anika was in a rush as she was getting late for her job interview.

Anika : Dad ! I am going or else I will get late. 

Anika's dad rushed to the door with her breakfast but Anika had already left till then. Then , he saw her come back again to give him a hug and go out with the breakfast in her hand.

Anika literally jumped all the traffic signals to reach the venue on time.

Anika ( mumbled to herself ) : I wish my car was a plane. I would have reached faster. 

She looked at the other cars as she zoomed past them.

Anika ( sighed ) : Even donkeys are faster than these humans.

Suddenly , her car stopped moving and she cursed when she saw that her car was low on petrol. She tried to give herself a little prep talk as she was on the verge of giving up on the job interview by now. 

Anika : What a great way to start the day , Anika ! Why does it always happen at the wrong time ? It's okay ! I won't give up. 

She was about to ask for a lift when she heard a loud bang followed by a screeching noise. She rushed over to the spot and saw a damaged car. She cried for help and tried to help the person.

Anika : Mister , you are bleeding.

The man fell unconscious before the ambulance could arrive.

Nurse : You need to come with us.

Anika : Why ?

Nurse : We cannot conduct the operation without the presence of the guardian. Please don't waste time. He has already lost a lot of blood.

Anika was a person of principles who never backed off from helping someone in need so she agreed.

The scene shifted at the hospital.

Doctor : What happened to him ? 

Nurse : It's a nerve rupture. The bleeding isn't stopping.

Doctor : Move him to the ICU. We need to operate on him immediately. Get the signatures from his guardian.

Nurse : Who are you to the patient ?

Anika thought for a while. If she told them she didn't know him , they would not carry out the operation because there was no guardian at the moment so she decided to just lie in order to save the person.

Anika : I am his family. 

Nurse : Please pay the money at the counter. We are proceeding with the operation.

Anika used up the few savings she had to pay the hospital bills.

Anika : Saving a person is more important than saving money. 

After a while , the doctor comes out of the ICU.

Anika : How is he ?

Doctor : The operation was successful but he needs to rest for now.

The injured man later woke up and asked the nurse about Anika.

Nurse : She left after paying your bills. 

Man : I hope to meet you again.