CHAPTER 21

Rudra: Team 1 will follow Arjun and Team 2 will follow me. Team 3, stay here with JJ and look out for any suspicious movements. Plug in your earpieces! Don't alert the enemy!
Arjun: Everyone, keep your radio on and don't take action until told to. Let's get moving!
Maya: I'm coming along with you.
Abhimanyu : Me too!
Arjun(gave a serious look to both of em'): You can come with us Officer Maya, but he can't.

Maya gave Abhimanyu a 'you better stay here' look, and then ran after Arjun.
Arjun(on call): Anika, you there on call?
Anika: Y…yes!
Arjun(calmly): Calm down first. Can you tell me what's going on there? What do you see?
Anika: There..there is a woman and….a man. I can see four kids in the corner.
Maya: Is Shivaye  with you, Anika?
Anika: No….!!! Shivaye …..he….

Anika suddenly went quiet. She saw Shivaye  behind her. Before they could speak or do anything, Kamini and the killer knocked them both up and dragged them inside the hall. They tied up their hands and feet.

Kamini: You got what you were looking for, and I got my nephew too. Now, I'll make my brother beg for his son's life.
Killer: Not so soon. Our deal is still not done yet. Give me the damn thing.

Kamini took out a sachet, but before the killer could take it, two masked men grabbed it. One of them hit Kamini from the back and she fainted. The other got into a fistfight with the killer.

Person 1: We cannot stay here for long.
Person 2: How dare she lay a finger on Anika!!! Let's take her back with us.
Person 1: It's not the right time yet. Take the item and leave!

They both untied Shivaye  and Anika. The killer had already passed out.

Person 1: Are the kids okay?
Person 2: Yes, now let's leave!

Anika had already gained consciousness by now. She noticed one of the men with a tattoo. Before she could get up and look at him properly, they had left already. Anika looked around and found Shivaye 's phone. She called Maya from his phone.

Anika: Come to the hall quickly.

Arjun and the others barged into the place.
Rudra(shocked): What just happened?!!! The signals were jammed and we lost communication.
Arjun(kept calm): Take them to the hospital first. Keep the questions for later.

5 hours later

Interrogation Room 1

Arjun: So, you're saying two men saved you?
Anika: Yes. They were wearing masks.
Arjun: Is there anything else you can remember?
Anika: I can't recall right now.

Arjun looked at Anika suspiciously. His hunch told him that she was hiding something but he decided not to ask anything further.

Arjun: Okay! You can go. Tell me if you remember anything.

Interrogation Room 2

Shivaye : I was looking for Anika all over the place. When I finally saw her, Aunt Kamini and a man hit us or something because I don't remember what happened after that?
Rudra(noticed Shivaye 's wrists): What are those marks?
Shivaye : I don't know but I felt like I was tied by a rope or something. It's a bit painful and itchy.
Rudra: We didn't find you tied up though.
Shivaye ( massages his forehead): I don't remember much.
Rudra: Okay, you can go! Tell me if you remember anything.