..six..

"I don't care that I don't have all the answers. Everything's alright"

Y/n watched silently as Miles and Peter B ate in the small diner they stopped at. The place was cute and the atmosphere was nice, and she was packed tightly next to Miles in a booth, but she still felt so cold.

"You have any spider tips for me now?" Miles asked right before popping a fry in his mouth.

"Yeah, disinfect the suit and put baby powder everywhere." Peter B said, munching on a burger.

"You're kidding." Miles said with an eyebrow raised.

"He's not." Y/n chimed in, sipping on her water. Miles looked at her in concern.

"Sunflower, are you sure you don't want anything to eat?"

"I'm sure, not hungry." She said softly.

"Y/n you haven't been 'hungry' for the past day and a half. Talk to me." Miles put his hand over hers.

"I'm fine Miles." Y/n leaned away from him and laughed, giving her best fake smile, but it looked like she was hurting.

"Y/n." Peter B placed his food down and wiped his hands. They way he said her name made him sound just like her father. Y/n bowed her head, trying to stop her tears from falling.

"I know that face. Not gonna lie, you look like me, and your MJ. Y/n you're never gonna be able to save everyone, it's inevitable that in your superhero career, someone will die. I'm sorry but that's reality. But a part of being a spider is being able to get back up every day and keep fighting. That's the part I failed at.... Look at me."

Y/n lifted her head, her wet eyes meeting those of Peter B.

"Peter may be gone, but your life isn't over. As long as you make it until tomorrow, everything is gonna be okay. New York's people are still gonna look at you the same because you're their hero. They need you, so there's no room for moping." Peter looked to Miles.

"That is your first Spider lesson." Then he resumed eating like nothing ever happened.

Y/n wiped her eyes harshly.
"Just make it til' tomorrow." She mumbled to herself.

"Spider boy, look up where Alchemax is." Peter said.

"I already did, it's in hudson valley." Y/n said, stealing one of Miles' fries.

"Oh! You two can teach me to swing on the way there!" Miles exclaimed, making web slinger motions with his fingers. Peter B began laughing while y/n gave him a sympathetic smile.

"I don't think so Miles. If it were closer maybe but I have a feeling you would hurt yourself." She said, ruffling his hair.

"Oh come on! I'm a fast learner!" Miles whined.

"I'm sure you are, but no, we can't swing in public, and I'm sure y/n can handle it, but you're just a beginner." Peter said.

"I would let you ride on my back but it's pretty far, and you're a big boy." Y/n joked.
......

Y/n sighed as she placed the arm pieces of her suit on. Flipping her hood up, she pulled her high tops out of the snow. She looked over to Peter, who was wearing sweatpants over his suit, and Miles who was wearing a suit that was too short in the legs. Y/n snorted a little, catching the two's attention.