Chapter 14

I awoke to the stylish blinds being dramatically pulled to allow the sunshine to seep through. It took a moment for my eyes to adjust and I groaned in ignorance. "Time to wake up sunshine", Hunter sat down onto the cream coloured chair opposite the bed I lay.

"Having a key doesn't mean you can drop around whenever you want, especially since you left so unexpected yesterday", I groaned out and pulled the comforter over my head to hide the light that was making my morning more difficult.

"Feeling sexually frustrated Nora?" I could practically hear the smirk on his face, and I slid the comforter slowly down. He sat, elbow against the arm of the chair, finger tracing his lip, all young entrepreneur in his newly purchased suit. In that moment even though it was wrong, I thought he looked like absolute masculinity, and I had to resist sliding my legs beside his and pulling apart his new suit.

"With you around", I mumbled as I gathered the strength to get ready for my mother daughter bonding session. He grinned and I knew he had heard me. I busied myself looking for clothing and make up in my suitcase.

"I came to notify you of that man in reception", I cocked my eyebrow and he continued, "Lachie is having you watched, his own personal way of telling me to fuck off".

"Please refrain from the swearing Hunter", I tried to hide the anger I was feeling, Lachie was being extremely immature; I can handle myself.

"I'm shocked he thought it would keep me away, it's actually more of an enticing challenge now", he rose now as I finally found a suitable piece of clothing.

"So I'm a challenge to you?" he stepped closer to me and forcefully gripped my chin in his grasp, his mouth inches from my own.

"To keep you, you'll always be a challenge Nora", I couldn't help but smile and he released me. He sat patiently and waited for me to finish changing in the bathroom, for once being ever the gentlemen.

Upon my return he moved his gaze up my body, unashamed of his ogling. "You look stunning", he stood and I took his hand as he pulled me into his chest.

"A compliment? Oh how shocking" I couldn't help the laugh I added, and he smiled. He pulled my hair to allow him the angle to kiss me. He kissed down my neck, his teeth every so often bumping against my skin.

"I especially like this", he pulled at my top so it slowly revealed the top of my newly purchased black lacy bra. I wanted him to continue this tortured game but he pulled my top back up and moved a fraction backwards pushing a bar over what could have continued.

"Will you be here this evening?" he looked at his phone quickly and then returned it to his pocket.

"Yes, I'll be back at 4", my eyes searched his but they returned to a blank canvas and I knew, he was preparing to fight.

"Four is fine, make sure you return", I nodded and he began to walk through the bedroom door into the lounge where he was to exit.

"Hunter!" I moved after him and waited for him to turn around before I jumped onto him, legs around his waist. I captured his lips and for once he seemed shocked at my push for intimacy.

"Good luck", I smiled up at him as I slid from his body, my feet now firmly placed on the floor. He smiled as he worked out I had figured his schedule.

"Don't get changed, stay in this", he hooked his finger into the top of my shorts and pulled me towards him, "got it duchess?" All I could do was nod my head as he pulled away and exited the room.

It was another hour before my mother arrived in her expensive car driven by a man who nodded his head and opened the door for me to enter.

"Nora, sweetie, I'm so glad you came today", she gave me a bone crushing hug as the fur from her coat nearly chocked me to death; it wasn't even winter, only autumn.

"Couldn't miss an opportunity for more clothes", she gave me a small quizzical stare and then continued on. It took three hours for my mother to feel as if shopping was complete and pulled me into a small yet expensive café.

"Expresso please, and a slice of cheesecake", I stated simply yet slightly excited for the food, it was luxurious.

"So sweetheart, me and your father were dining a few weeks ago and came across Richard and his new wife Nancy", I shuddered at the thought of Richard's name, his son Michael was essentially my mortal enemy in high school.

"They said Michael was in town and all too eager to see you, and since you're here", she smiled and clapped her hands at the thought of playing match maker. I winced at the thought, mother never knew, and I never wanted her too, he was a bully.

"I may have to decline, the next three days before I depart will probably be spent with you and Dad", I smiled politely.

"It's alright we scheduled dinner tomorrow evening if you're free", she knew, she knew I wouldn't have any plans with anyone as most of my friends moved away, she was trapping me.

"Fine mother, I shall attend dinner, but do not expect this to fall into anything", she smiled with delight but all I could feel was dread. How was I meant to explain this to Hunter, jealous, overprotective Hunter. Even under these circumstances I couldn't wait for four o'clock to roll around.