Chapter 3

I slipped back into my dorm room. My wrist had been completely healed by the healer, but I kept running my hand over where the Darkling had sliced my wrist. 

I should have been happy. I was going to stay and continue my training in the Little Palace, but I was under a lot of pressure. I would have to control my power even though I still didn't know how. I was getting what every Grisha student had wanted, but now I had second thoughts. 

If I went to the Little Palace I would have to start over again. I didn't know who else from my year was staying and I would probably have to make new friends, but who would want to be friends with someone who spontaneously combusts when angry. 

I turned around and almost had a heart attack. 

Darya was sitting on my bed. 

"How did you get in here?" I demanded

She shrugged.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me where you went for all of class today. An Oprichniki escorted you out of the classroom and you didn't come back until now. I've been worried about you all day."

I walked over and pushed Darya off the bed. 

"You can sit on the ground." Darya pouted, but didn't object.  

"They took me to the Little Palace."

 Darya gasped.

"I went into the Darklings's office and he told me I had potential or someone like that. I get to stay and finish my training if I don't burn anything down." I looked at Darya. She looked shocked.

"Why are saying that so calmly. You met the Darkling, he said you had potential. Why are you not freaking out and bragging to everyone."

I shrugged.

Darya flipped her silver and blue braided hair off her shoulder and stood up. "I'm staying too."

I jumped up and hugged her. 

As long as Darya was with me everything would be fine. I could figure out how to control my power and we would both finish our training and become powerful Grisha. 

Things would work out.

A/N  That was kind of a filler chapter. I just wanted to introduce Darya as her friend. 

Please vote and comment. It makes my day. 

I'm over here procrastinating. I should probably go back to online school *sighs* even though I don't want to.