Chapter 5

I looked up as I heard a loud knocking on my door. 

"Valerya, what is going on?" I could here Darya yelling from outside my room.

"Nothing, don't come in," I yelled back, trying to sound normal. 

"Look if you don't open that door in ten seconds I will blow it off its hinges," she screamed at me. I had seen Darya mad before and I had no doubts that she could blow down my door.

 I didn't move from where I was. Maybe if I ignored her she would leave me alone.

The door blew open.

"What the...." Darya rushed over to me. 

"Why is your room on fire?" 

She pushed out her arms and tried to blow all the flames together. It didn't work though. "Why aren't you helping?" Darya yelled to me. "There's no point," I told her. My voice sounded hollow. Darya sighed exasperatedly. "Wait here I'm going to go get someone." I nodded listlessly.

Darya came rushing into my room minutes later with Rebekah who quickly put out the flames. 

Darya shook her head. "Valerya what on earth were you thinking....." she stopped suddenly. "Why are you crying?" 

I looked up at my friend.  "Viktor died," I started crying again. 

"I'm sorry Valerya, I didn't know." Darya lowered herself down to where I was sitting and wrapped me in a hug. "If you ever need to talk to me about anything I'm here for you. You know that right?" I nodded sadly.

Rebekah coughed 

"I'm just going to leave now." She tried to back away from us, but she wasn't fast enough. Darya pushed out her arms causing the winds to push Rebekah towards us. 

"You're a part of this too, you helped," she pulled Rebekah into our group hug. 

Rebekah hugged me quickly and then pulled away, "This is very touching and all, but what are we going to do about your room? It looks like a war zone, and Darya told me that if you burn anything down...." she mimed slicing her throat with her finger. "You're dead." 

"Crap."

I jumped up off the ground. Rebekah was right. I couldn't let anyone know.

"What are we going to do about this?" 

Rebekah grinned evilly. "I have an idea."

                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If this doesn't work I'm going to kill you," I muttered under my breath.

"What was that?" Rebekah asked from above me.

"Nothing."

"I thought so, now lift me higher."

I grunted and straightened up. Rebekah was standing on my shoulders while I stood on a ladder. Darya was on the ground ready to catch us with her winds in case someone fell or in case I dropped Rebekah on purpose. Whichever one came first.  Accidentally  stumbling and having Rebekah fall off my shoulders seemed pretty tempting at the moment. For someone so small Rebekah was heavier than I expected her to.

"Hand me a match." 

I reached up with one hand and handed Rebekah the match.

"Wouldn't this have been easier if you had the match before you climbed on my shoulders?"

She snorted "Not unless you want me to accidentally burn your hair off."

"You guys look hysterical," Darya shouted from the ground. 

"Easy for you to say, you're safe on the ground. I'm on top of Valerya and she keeps moving. It's a miracle I haven't broken my neck."

"I'm the one who has to stand on a ladder with you on my shoulders while striking a match. Couldn't you have come up with an easier plan?" I complained.

Rebekah shifted and I winced.

"I've told you a bazillion times. If we drop a flame in your bedroom through your window and then come running from the opposite direction no one will think that you did it on purpose. Now hold still."

Rebekah unlatched my window and dropped the flame insided. 

"Hurry up," she hissed as I clambered down the ladder. As soon as we reached solid ground I sighed in relief. "I'm never doing that again." Darya waved her hand and moved the ladder to a nondescript location. 

I looked at her. "Couldn't you have done that with the match?" 

Darya shrugged. "It wouldn't have been as fun to watch."

Rebekah lunged between us to stop me from murdering her.

"You can kill her later. Come on we need to get back to the Little Palace."

A/N I finally got this chapter done. *celebrates* I kinda had writers block for awhile and I'm stressed out because my teachers are giving me a ton of work and I'm in a writing prompt contest so writing this took a while. Sorry bout that. 

Anyway if you haven't already vote, comment, and follow me (I sound really demanding. Sorry.)

Love you guys❤️