2. The Afternoon Of Unfortunates

Lace's P.O.V

It is already afternoon, I did not even notice how much time had passed. The good thing is the preparations for later are all set.

Right now, Les (Ribeyrolles) is wiping off the cashier counter with my handkerchief... wait a second.

[Les? Where did you get that?] - Lace

[This? I got it from Manager Lace's pants right back pocket about 15 minutes ago] - Les

My expression froze after hearing her explanation. It seems like I need to mentally wash my ears with R**k R**l's song after this.

There was a moment of awkward and silence between us as we kept staring at each other.

[Why does your explanation sound too accurate?] - Lace

[...I-I'll have to excuse myself to go the toilet first, Manager Lace] - Les

She hops down from the cashier chair and sat back down on the short roller stool. To be fair, it is too late now to run from my... questions.

She seems to be on a hurry and sped up the stool before I grab a hold of her shoulders.

[Why would a t-doll uses a toilet hhmmmmmm?] - Lace

[Uuhh....] - Les

She nervously laughs before I slowly turn her around and face her with my intimidating face. She wryly smiles and some sweat start to pour down from her forehead as I smile at her.

She thought she could escape from using my handkerchief without my permission?

[First, why did you use my handkerchief to wipe?] - Lace

[W-well, Manager Lace did order me to wipe dusty places or spots so... Les used Manager Lace's handkerchief] - Les

Her eyes slowly move toward left, gaining my suspicions very easily. In fact, this would have been easier to deal with, if she is being honest. This is the first time she is not being truthful.

[The truth, now] - Lace

I softly demanded her to tell the real reason she is using my handkerchief to wipe and clean. Les sighs and shakes her head as if trying to throw away her hesitation and fear.

[The cloths for wiping are gone...] - Les

[Wait, didn't I put all of them on the counter?] - Lace

There is no way that Les would lie again after I forced her to tell the truth. I trust her like a family so, I would not randomly accuse just because of lack of information.

[But there were none on the counter after Manager Lace ordered me to use it] - Les

[That is weird....] - Lace

If neither of us knows about it, that leaves only one person out of question.

I looked around in the convenience store and could not see Zas (Zas M21) anywhere. I check the outside, only to meet an empty road with frogs annoying croaking in the nearby grasses.

[Maybe... Its Manager Lace's doing!] - Les

She pointed at me and my heart fell at that moment.

I take back what I said about placing my trust in her. My disappointment is immeasurable.

[No! I didn't do it Les!] - Lace

[Manager Lace did it just to tease Les! and Manager Lace do it because of being a lolicon!] - Les