The Refutation

A/N- Please check the vidoes ive attached with each chapter as well, especially the one for this part.

Orientalist Claim that the Qur’an is altered – The Refutation:

In the west, when you want to preserve a document, it is historically preserved in 2 ways:

- Written Archive (write it down.
- Oral Tradition (you memorize it, someone else memorizes it, and you make others memorize it and pass it on through memorization.)

According to western and logical standards, which one is safer? Archive.

Although both have room for criticisms.

Oral preservation has a potential flaw, i.e. Refer to Chinese whispers. I.e. If I whisper Abdullah punched Kareem, after ten people pass the statement onto each other, there may be distortions. The final result may be, Abdullah pushed Kareem and burnt his house down. (words have been added gradually due to misunderstandings or even intentionally).

Written Archives which were handwritten can also have flaws. If one person writes a document – in the past by hand – he might make a mistake. This book is passed onto another who will write the same mistake down, and might even misread a word and write a wrong word. Again, another error.

In the West – they pride themselves over written traditions.

So they come to the opinion that the Qur’an can only be preserved through the written method for it to be legitimate.

But is that really true?

The Qur’an was learnt by the companions of Allah’s Messenger.

They taught it to their students (the Tabi’een – the followers). They taught it to their students (atba’ at-Tabi’een). And they taught it to the later generations (the Khalaf).

Now, if this method was not reliable, there would be errors and differences in recitation – just like the example given of Abdullah and Kareem above.

However, this did not happen. Everyone throughout history have united upon authentic Recitals of the Qur’an, and if anyone did err – they would be corrected immediately. If any copies were written incorrectly, they may even be placed deep in the ground or be burnt so people don’t get confused about them. The real authentic recital copies would remain.

So if we get 4 Muslim children today from around the Earth; a Chinese, an English, a Bangladeshi and a Mexican. They might not speak the same languages, but they will recite the same Qur’an, so if one makes a mistake in recital – the other will be able to correct him.

This is proof that all Muslims have the same authentic Qur’an without dispute.

This is fact – the Qur’an is primarily preserved by Allah making it easy to remember.

No document in human history which was predominantly preserved through memorization.

Memorization which is supposed to cause variation, instead – created unity of different colors, cultures and civilizations for centuries, and a over a millenia.

وَلَقَدْ يَسَّرْنَا الْقُرْآنَ لِلذِّكْرِ فَهَلْ مِن مُّدَّكِرٍ

And We have certainly made the Qur’an easy for remembrance, so is there any who will remember? [Qamar 54:17]

If they say the Qur’an is not preserved except because of book form.